1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Phun Loadbalanced - Comments / Issues

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by wanga, Sep 2, 2005.

1. wanga

wanga

Hey, I just finished implementing the loadbalancing for phun, I'm hoping we can iron out any issues that occur with this new system.

If you experience any problems within the next 24 hours please post in this thread so I can go ahead and work on them.

If you have any questions, ask away.

2. m0n0lith

m0n0lith

what you talkin bout willace?

3. Oblivious

Oblivious

I just finished de-bugging the code in phun's forum, if everyone could send me a dollar, that would be wonderful compensation, thanks.

4. wanga

wanga

im broke dude!

5. Oblivious

Oblivious

im suspicious dude!

6. puggs

puggs

it's in the mail

7. wanga

wanga

ye got paypal?

8. Oblivious

Oblivious

You are a good man, you get to live.

9. ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin

ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin It's So Moist

Get a job.

10. sandino

sandino Jessica's Pimp

Guys, guys, we really did switch to a server-farm today. So if you, wanga, is who you say you are, then, guys quit bullshitting around and reserved this thread for comments if any of you find glitches/problems in the site. Thanks :) ;-)

11. mkolandian

mkolandian

One of my post disappered. Here is the link:

http://phun.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50285

When I try to access it, I get the following message:

mkolandian, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What's wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

12. wanga

wanga

Guys, there will be some intermittent downtime throughout today, I need you to post here as soon as you can get back to the site, and let me know the page you were looking at when it went down.

At this point the farm is running at 50% capacity with 1 server down.

13. wanga

wanga

Just added another machine to the cluster, keep me updated on any performance hits or anything else.

14. cayne

cayne Guest

The trade on the frontpage dropped from 8k to 2k...holy shit. I don't want know for how many hours the frontpage wasn't accessible correctly.

Is the cluster already working? Since I don't have the feeling, that the loading-speed was increased. Instead of that I get several time-outs, while loading the frontpage...

and BTW. my pop-account doesn't work... :/

15. It took me over a minute to log on and when I click on any topic or forum it is taking awhile for it to load. It's no big deal I will be back later to see if it is better, I am, sure it will take a while to send this reply.

16. Now it's fast, I take it back.

17. demonspeedng22

demonspeedng22 Habitual line-stepper

It was taking forever for me also,bout an hour ago.Tried a thread in the general forum that never came up.Closed browser,then the front page wouldnt come up.Seems back to normal now

18. linusnc

linusnc Short Pants White Boy ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

It is very slow right now plus for awhile I could not edit anything or log on

19. wanga

wanga

thanks for the info, I'll keep working on it, not sure what's causing it yet.

20. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

log in time "acceptable", a little slower than normal, but opening threads and even getting to typing this here took more than 15 mins - a "ping" to phun.org showed up a time out