1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Phun Member Award Badges/Medals

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Jammsbro, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Last year TKA1 made up the medals for the member awards. This year we have a slew of really talented people and i thought why not see if some of them want to try and come up with a new medal/medals for this year.

Obviously medals is just a term so if you are going to make something feel free to go wild. Just remember that it will be in the sig area of anyone who wins and displays their medal so anyone is interested in doing some then i'd say keep them pretty small. small as an or about.

The awards are gold silver and bronze or 1st 2nd and 3rd so some differences would be sensible.

So, anyone interested?

2. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

cool, looking forward to seeing them. i'll try too.
    but small as an...what?

3. Jammsbro

avatar. i was thinking of having them really small so people could paste them into their sigs but maybe 80x80 or there abouts would be good.

4. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

Made these up kinda quick. 88x106 but easily changed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2001pm, J3scribe, Inuk and 3 others like this.
  5. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

sounds cool. but having them in the sig sounds good too. maybe 40x40 and they can be put in the corner or somthing like that. or have a new sig made implementing them.

6. Jammsbro

nice B, i have some vectors that i need to find that i will put up, maybe some folks could work something with them.

i have a glass button tutorial that i am going to see if i can do. the glass button thing always looks pretty good.

7. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

also, are you looking for different types of trophies relevant to the award? like a spam tin for spam award etc..

8. Jammsbro

my original idea was just that sid. i made a tin of spam with a superman cape on it but it was kinda rubbish. even if you dont make any, post them, they might inspire another phunner to take a bash.

9. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Nice idea Jamms!

10. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

Glass button style ones, they look a bit shat when small though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2001pm, Inuk, J3scribe and 3 others like this.
  11. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

cool, will do. a gold silver and bronze spam tin would look cool.

12. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I took the insignia out of these with the Marquee Tool, filled it with the matching color, and used the same tool with the plastic wrap filter. The same should work for a glass object.

13. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2001pm, Inuk, J3scribe and 2 others like this.
  14. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

15. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

mrfreeze had a bunch of these if I remember correctly.

16. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Made some, kept height to 150, 1st place or gold medal???, anyways gives you kinda of an idea.
    Examples for best celeb poster ... since Kate won the celeb awards I used her :p ... for my background.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

After some coffee and Armagnac it got way out of hand. :D
    [​IMG]

although it's original looks way better than the resize ...
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile I discovered that photos.cx went down again and I take it's final now so my wannabe sigmaker story thread is completely blank.:(

J3scribe, Jammsbro and Inuk like this.
  17. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

These look very nice at full size but, we should decide on something thats clearly defined at any size. We also may want to date them for those that will actualy display them this year.

No comment about our "best" full size image host....:roll:

18. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I think you have to remember the medals or awards can't be too large as people will add them to their sig for a while.

how long did you have them in the sig last year? a couple weeks?

Jammsbro likes this.
  19. The Cunt Factory

My idea is to stick to 150x300 so the winner could display it next (left/right) to his sig. We should indeed have something like "Phun Awards 2008" on it but I kinda like the idea with a certain background.
    Maybe we should decide on size/style etc before going on, hope Jamms gives his insights as he started this awards. ;)

20. The Cunt Factory

I changed ideas with Riv some time ago about size.
    In my opinion length doesn't matter as long as the height stays within reason.
    So I think height of 150 is fine since it corresponds with normal sigs. Displaying the awards-banner next to it wouldn't really take up more page space when heigh remains the same.
    As said earlier a size of 150x300 will do fine to display next to his/her sig; it would only be wider but not higher.;)

Inuk likes this.