1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Phun Time 3D Grafix Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Cy, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Well, if that doesnt hit the phun.org front page, nothing should. IMO you need to sign it with an unobtrusive logo somewhere. Just something innocuous that you can point to years from now. I hope you wrote to the exif to leave your info so unless someone hex edits to steal it you can identify it as yours.

:hi: Hats off to you. That's the best piece of artwork I've seen on phun.

PS. Would love to see a decent sized version

helium likes this.
  2. helium

helium .

thx, i appreciate the kind words CylnZ :) but i think here on phun are many talented people who can do better than this.

3. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

just watched your YouTube video, definitely gonna get C4D, looks great. lightwave has it's limitations and constantly throws up render problems.

helium likes this.
  4. Cy

Oh, I think we're all getting better all the time, (imo) this is just the best so far. Time will tell.

Even with the the few little pecadillos, it's still the best all original, not using source pics piece I've seen on phun. I cant think of anything remotely close. It's a lot different to create something from scratch than to stick a sourced subject, say naked Hayden into a piece, and have it look this good. You didnt get to count on a subject that would naturally attract the audience for a given genre like 99% of the pieces posted on phun. That puts it into a different category. :cheers:

I'd like to see other people do more original pieces instead of cut-n-paste, no matter what edits they do to them. I'm quite guilty of it myself. It's a helluva lot easier to grab an image I like and edit it than to create one from scratch, and no matter what I do, merges, layers, effects, whatever, it's still just cut-n-paste.

The problem I'm having with 3d right now is the sig image dimensions. It's just almost impossible to get a decent 3d image @ 450x150. You just lose so much getting it that small. IMO, translucency(by far my favorite) just doesnt work that small.

The other thing is, I dont run windows or mac, so when i use c4d I have to run it in wine, which is kinda slow/clumsy at this point. (Maxxon only hands out linux versions of c4d to big time professional studios, and i havent been able to find a copy anywhere.) That's hampering my efforts a bit at this point. (well that, and playing dungeon keeper 2 ;) )

5. helium

helium .

i don't know what linux distribution u have but u can try autodesk Maya or sidefx Houdini.

6. Cy

Oh, i have blender, c4d, inkscape for vector, gimp as a ps replacement, etc. But since everyone here was using c4d I tried it too. :)

I gotta say, c4d is a whole lot easier than the others.

I use ultimate edition 2.5 based on ubuntu, kubuntu, and debian

7. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

just did these letters in Lightwave for a new sig, was aiming for as realistic as possible, kind of like little decorative tiles

[​IMG]

room for improvement but i like how they turned out. spent about an hour messing with textures!

8. helium

helium .

awesome! very nice work lukin... letters are cool...

9. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

So what is it everyone's using? Cinema 4d?
    Has anyone got any good RS links for it?

10. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Had a play about...

[​IMG]

11. xrayray

xrayray

Try gmax is just as easy and free

Cant really say typing some letters and extruding them as art.. but hopefully there will be more art like helium's

helium likes this.
  12. Cy

True, Ray, but we gotta start somewhere, and this is the learning thread, not the the established display threads, so everybody can post works in progress/learning/glitch stuff for 3d in here, and post the final whizzbang spiffy stuff where it's supposed to go in the display threads.

I think it's a good first effort, and I especially like the Kelly green txt, lol. Good one.

I'm working with "spline warping" now, to put warp the txt to fit objects. I'm still working on bump maps, not getting the stuff I want, but I'm working on it.

irish-sid likes this.
  13. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I need to learn a lot how C4D works, did try something but was shit.

14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Gonna try something now. It was my first time using 3d software, so I posted my results.

15. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

...you kids and your 3D graphics! :rant:

16. Cy

lol

17. casek

casek

instead of lurking, I'll contribute some old stuff

[​IMG]

3DSM and Brazil

18. Cy

Very cool. :tup2:

19. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

[​IMG]
    just some playing around with c4d

Jack Tripper, Ollie, helium and 2 others like this.
  20. Cy

I need to learn the falling and explosions effects.