1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Pop-ups are on their way...

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun POLL STAR ★

What are the ads of?

2. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I haven't had one today.

3. Redwing1

Redwing1 LOW LIFE ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Update , ...I had one this morning at around 5:30 am , it's now 7:38 pm (est) none since .
    I can handle that

4. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

I just got one. It seems that I get it the 1st time I log on and then no more.

5. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Yep, just got another, seems to be a 24hr cycle instead of a log in log off cycle which is cool.

6. Capster

Capster ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

saw 1 yesterday none today

7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Kinda funny - to avoid anyone wondering about my surfing habits I have firefox set to delete all info when I close it - so Im getting about 50 a day!!!

8. Iron_Slash

Iron_Slash Guest

Each time I enter on Phun (not logging) pop-ups appear but only one. After, that's all. Annoying, really.

9. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

thanks for adding to Cayne´s wallet to handle the hosting-payroll!

10. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Same, I do use a communal computer so I have to be careful!

11. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

Had one when I logged on, and haven't seen one since. No different than the hosts. Ain't no thing. You gotta do what ya gotta do c-man. ;)

12. max12345

max12345

I think it would be best to make this a forum anouncement, as when it started happening to me I ran some antivirus checks not realising that these were popups added by phun.

13. Salty Longshanks

Salty Longshanks Using my third arm

When you become more acclimated with the board...i.e. more than 6 posts, you'll know to look here for forum announcements max. ;)

14. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

15. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Yeah, that's it

16. Gwyndster

Gwyndster

I'd go for this, a car forum that I'm a member of sent an email to its members recently asking for contributions to keep it running because vBulletin had upped the price of the forum software.

I'd be happy to pay a fee, quarterly or yearly. Hell, if you offered life membership I'd consider it if I could afford it.

The only thing that would concern me is some of these features would need to only be available after you had been a member for a while, or we could open it to some right idiots abusing things.

17. Wearleptoto

Wearleptoto

Try running them in SAFE MODE and your Hijack This log has a few probs but I dont have my info with me to help you on that also you need to run that in SAFE MODE also . What does HJT find and reccomend you remove?
    .You need a good Firewall to stop the Pop-ups. such a Zone Alarm

18. Beerhammer

Beerhammer

Ahhhh, I shoulda looked around before making a thread about pop-ups,,,,,,, Just got annoyed at this jasmin.com thing all over the place- wouldn't be bad if it was a car ad or sumthin but closing out a page when your wife or kids walk into a room only to have a stupid ad with what looks like a live web cam chick on your computer definitely aint cool.