1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Posted pictures privacy - showing up on google images

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by missee75, Sep 2, 2012.

1. missee75

missee75

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a way to somehow make posts more private? To explain, when searching for my username on google images, all of the pics I've posted/embedded here (via imagevenue.com) show up, linking back to phun.

I don't want to just impulsively delete all imagevenue pics (I could, via their login), but are there any ideas as to how we can avoid them being found on search?

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks!

2. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Nope. Here on phun there are search engine spiders/bots, they go thru every thread and that's why images can be found with google and other search engines

Classyvixenart likes this.
  3. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

If you are going to post pics and then delete them at the source then you are not helping the boards out. Don't bother wasting time to post them, others will and keep them up.

Classyvixenart likes this.
  4. missee75

missee75

I don't necessarily want to delete them at the source, but I'd be happy to replace them with something that doesn't get picked up as easily, if it were able to be more private.
    It appears as though it's actually phun that gets picked up by search though, not the image host, so it wouldn't be possible then.

I suppose the only way to avoid this would be to link to the pics, rather than embed them. Not ideal, but perhaps more privacy oriented I suppose

Thanks for the reply, Cold As Ice.

5. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

your user name isn't your real name so why the fuss over "privacy"?

6. missee75

missee75

Yes, to an extent you're correct.. It was just a question to see if anyone had any ideas. no stress though :)

7. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Once it is on the web it is on the web.

There are guys and girls that post revealing pictures of themselves and a simple programme can, in many cases, determine when and where the pictures were taken - I dont undersand why people arent more careful.

8. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

cause they are ignorant... or just doesn't care

X-Spectre, Ramsfan and gaphugs like this.
  9. Ramsfan

Ramsfan Puttin' On The Ritz ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I think people should keep private pictures private. :2cent:

Even though a great deal of my entertainment is from them. ;)

X-Spectre likes this.
  10. missee75

missee75

Yes, that's the EXIF data.. Luckily no celebrity is involved here - it's not exactly headline news ;)

There are people that post far worse, with faces.. that's always quite surprising.

The latter in this case - the pics are there to be seen. :)
    The 'privacy' was more along the lines of the online identity, and rather keeping things 'within' Phun. But if that's not possible, it's really not a big deal, and as said before, they can be removed at any stage.

11. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

well.. cayne and the admins I guess could close down the forum and only let members see what we see and kick the bots out. but I guess God doesn't want that

missee75 likes this.
  12. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Images and videos are not hosted on phun.org servers, so ultimately their security is in the hands of imagehosts and filehosts.

missee75 and Ramsfan like this.