1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Rapidshare Sucks,Lets discuss

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by Rockhard, Jun 14, 2007.

1. killainstinct

killainstinct

Cant believe people are complaining about rapidshare. You find a link for something that you would usually pay for (99% of the time its pr0n) on top of that your downloading it as a free user, and you still have to bitch and moan. I am not a very active user on the net but have never seemed to have a problem with rapidshare. People complaining about speed problems i cannot understand rapidshare im sure is by far the fastest filehosting service around, giving it a crack from my unversity connection i can download files at nearly 6MB/s this shows that the servers can definately handle some serious speed. I have a feeling that the majority or even all of the people complaining about rapidshare on here are people that A) DO NOT have a premium account so therefore have not noticed the benefits and B)LEECH. I dare say if you are complaining this much about just being able to get some p0rn for your happy time you are seriously addicted and may need to step out of the house more often. And for other people who will probably say "Its not just p0rn i have other important things i need to download" If they were that important you would have a premium account.
    I can see how the 100meg file limit can be a little annoying but seriously if you can get to a really fast connection e.g university etc try downloading a file from rapidshare and any other hosting service im pretty sure you will find that rapidshare chews the rest.

aekara38 likes this.
  2. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

^^Thanks
    Free users should not complain about rs.com rs/de speed.
    Rs is just a very big filehoster, too many people are downl at the same time.
    When dl' at the same time, the bandwidh will be smaller. Free users will have them (or have a slower speed at that moment) just done to have a support and they gotta have the hardware safe...

Its sucks that you have to go to rs or other filehosters.. :p

3. aekara38

aekara38 BANNED

It's the leechers and the lurkers that complain the most. The true posters have a Premium account so don't have to wait. :)

4. kallisti

kallisti

say what?

5. kallisti

kallisti

just use winzip or winrar and set it to break the zip (or rar) file into 99mb parts. no biggie.

6. hixxy

hixxy

Yeah theres thousands here at phun. I drop videos here at phun with Rapidshare links and i get about 5000 points a week for my account

7. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

Million (could be?) free users (plus a million premium users) downloading at the same time on RS, RS should do something to keep the things going good, without cooked hardware i had mean.

8. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

This is the second thing ive posted on this thread: "to share/dl direct from an other pc" (first software on page 4, 'post 58' on this thread).
    The software can also be used to have an remote help from your friend/familiar that lives somewhere else. Your desktop will be shown on the other side if you need help on your pc (microsoft own software have this option 'remote help' too, but could be dificult?..).

TeamViewer 3.0 (= current version)
    www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
    A good one too is these. For use on: Win 2000, Win XP, Windows Vista.
    1,0MB. Different languages, service including, freeware.

9. agogo

agogo

I have a Rapidshare Premium account and I use Flashget to download, but I have been noticed after I got the latest version of Flashget, the account log had not quite matched my actual download. The log often claimed that I have download almost twice as many mB as I did. I wrote to RS, they said many customers using download manager to download has the same experience as I am having.They suggest using the web browser to download instead. Would it not mean a very slow download? Any suggestion and help would be appreciated.