1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Sig Duel Tournament #1 - Names, Rules and Discussion

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by irish-sid, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

They did go back.

2. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I would like to see them all go up on the same day........I think we need to figure something out for this... as next round looks like there will be more contestants....

Set a deadline for each round??? So the rest don't have to wait 2 days like we did in the first round......

How about a quick PM from SID to everyone each round with theme for the next and the deadline......

This next round should be interesting.......I'm going against one of Phun's best.......

irish-sid, GBTG and Jammsbro like this.
  3. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Absolutely no disrespect to dan as he knows how much i admire his talents but since i stopped participating in sig art the creative crew have went from good to amazing en masse. I love seeing what all of them have come up with day to day.

irish-sid likes this.
  4. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well if Sid's cool with it I have no problem making the polls, it just wouldn't be done until all the sigs are finished and ready to go. Then they'd all go up as once.

But like you said it could be anyone, I'm just throwing my name out there to help wherever I can. Between arranging and keeping up to date with the results it's turning into a little bit of work for out Irish friend!

Stop it! You're gonna make me blush! ;)

It's not that people got better because you stopped, people got better because practice makes perfect. I still miss your posts in Creative!

irish-sid likes this.
  5. GBTG

Okay, me and Kaos are both ready! Somebody please PM me before they put the poll up so that we can coordinate these!?

Looks like we're waiting on Jamms this round! ;):lmao:

kaos42000 likes this.
  6. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

C'mon Jamms............I know you will have something awesome!

7. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

What about posting the theme for next round when the polls for the current round go online? That would give people time to work on them for the 3 days the polls are live, then you have the winners go ahead and post the ones they have been working on for that period. The losers can post theirs in "Everything else" if they want, but it wouldnt be included. That way there's plenty of time to create but the game keeps moving forward without lags. +, with all of the entries being posted in a short period, learning the winners would be much quicker and more cohesive.

8. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Whilst I understand where you're coming from cylnz, this competition is relaxed to a certain point. I don't want people feeling rushed, they have real world things to do and don't need the hassle of worrying about making a sig and regretting taking part.
    Yeah it would be great to keep on top of it, but it's not really the end of the world.
    And to try and have a sig ready every three days is a bit of pressure, especially as you move up the table, it's gotta be more special each time if you want to get through to the next round.
    The theme will be put up when all winners have been announced, it's the best way to do it.

I will however try to keep things moving during the first couple of rounds next time if we have our 16 spaces filled.

Cy likes this.
  9. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Do you and ollie fancy doing your thread now?
    Might as well get it going, maybe it'll give jamms a kick up the arse ;)
    :lol:

10. GBTG

Ollie!? I'm against Kaos this round! :lol:

But it doesn't' matter to me, I'd rather have them go up at the same time. Just let me know when you guys are both set.

11. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I meant kaos :oops:

I've sent you my entry incase I'm offline, so I don't hold anyhting up. Heading to the pub now.
    :thumbs:

12. GBTG

Alright, so Jamms, send me yours when your down! :yes_new:

13. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

:yes_new:

Great smiley!

14. GBTG

Agreed! :yes_new:

15. Jammsbro

In.

Might i make a suggestion that all the themes from each tier are posted at the start so people will have more time to work on stuff if the make it to the next round.

16. GBTG

So Jamms, did you send it to Sid or to me?

17. Jammsbro

Sid, if i sent it to you then you would know which one i did.

18. GBTG

Sid's out at the pub, he said I can set it up, and don't you trust me to make an unbiased decision!? :eek:

I mean it's not like we all don't have certain styles anyway!

How about I PM you Sid's sig and you set up your own poll then? And I'll set up Kaos & mine?

19. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

After a great semi final we have our two finaists.... GBTG and irish-sid.

Post no.3 has been updated with the new theme.

The rules will stay the same for this round ie. 3 day poll etc.. but some will be adjusted for the next tournament.

Good luck! :thumbs:

20. GBTG

Greek Mythology!? :boggled:

Jesus, I'll try some stuff later but don't be surprised if I need a little more time to get my sig done, alright Sid!? ;)