1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Sig Duel Tournament Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by irish-sid, Oct 18, 2009.

1. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I'd like to hold a Duel tournament.
    Everyone is welcome to join as long as they can make some form of a sig. :lol:
    The more entrants the better.
    The contest leaderboard will be modded by me, but you are responsible for making your own Duelling threads.

Here is what the Leaderboard will look like with the numbers being replaced with your usernames. We need an even amount of people to join, which must consist of 4, 8 or 16 people, Those are the only nuumbers it will work with. This is just an example to show how it will work...
    [​IMG]

Enter your names in this thread and I will update this post to show who is in it. Once we have all the entrants I will pick random names from a hat to pair you up.

I think it'd be fair if each tier of the competition had the same theme, so...
    Round 1: Theme X
    Round 2: Theme Y.

If you want to suggest a theme when you apply then I will pull themes out of a hat to decide what the theme for each round will be.

Please try to keep the sigs Anonymous, I know it will not be possible sometimes as people have certain styles but the more anon it is the more fair it is.

Must be new sigs that haven't been posted before... 450 x 150 max... Just because that's the sig rules here, plus you can wear them afterwards.

Label your threads... Sig Tounament Round "x" - "Name" Vs "Name"
    Don't put your names above the sig though, have the poll labelled Sig1 Sig2.
    Make the poll publically viewable.

Please make a conscious effort to keep up to date and hold your battles as soon as you can to keep from holding people up.

Don't make your poll longer than 3 days, otherwise the whole tournament could take up to and more than a month depending on the ammount of entrants, no one likes things dragging out too long!

Depending on it's popularity I will hold the competition monthly.

ENTRANTS FOR TOURNAMENT #1

irish-sid
    GBTG
    Jammsbro
    Kaos42000
    TheNewGuy
    Ollie
    .biomoid.
    Cylnz

2. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

SIGN ME UP! :banana:

This worked fantastic at PSU and hopefully the turn out is as good.

Theme suggestion = BLACK & WHITE

irish-sid likes this.
  3. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Entered :thumbs:

GBTG and Jammsbro like this.
  4. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Nice Idea, stuck it for a couple of days so it'll be seen as much as possible

irish-sid, Jammsbro and GBTG like this.
  5. GBTG

Good to hear, even though it's not my thread I want there to be as much participation as possible. It's a lot of fun!

You should enter P4! ;)

irish-sid and Perfect4ths like this.
  6. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Nice sid, it was only toolz that went against this but the creative crew are more or less on the same side so i cant see how this is a bad thing. Count me in bro.

irish-sid and GBTG like this.
  7. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I'm in.....please....not sure I understand how this works..... theme suggestion= candid beach shots

GBTG and irish-sid like this.
  8. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Cheers for the sticky. Hopefully you'll be partaking?
    I'm hearing that! Glad you're joining us.
    Cool.
    It's a simple premise. It's much like sotw, but one vs one. The winner gets through to the next round until there is one final winner.

Also the reason there can only be 4, 8 or 16 is because of the way the chart works, but if there is a lot of interest for this then I'm sure there'd be some other way of working it. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

GBTG likes this.
  9. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Digital Love.

Sign me in, it's been a long time since I've made a sig. I'll need practice. :lol:

10. AFX

AFX Guest

I like the sound of this but I don't know if I'd have the time to participate. It would be useful if someone could elaborate slightly on the structure of the whole thing, and possible deadlines etc.

GBTG likes this.
  11. Ollie

Ollie In ze future

Count me in :)

12. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

What are the themes you've chosen?
    tier 1
    tier 2
    final

13. .biomoid.

.biomoid.

Count me in! :)

14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Great to have you back.
    No specific deadlines. Once the names are pulled and you're paird you and the person you're dueling will make you sig (when possible) then make a thread with a poll. If you win then you go to the next round, and do it again. It won't be time consuming. Just however long it take to make the sig.
    The themes will be pulled out of a hat.

GBTG likes this.
  15. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Thought we'd have had more in by now. If we get one more person involved then we can get this started. I'd say once it's under way and everyone knows what the story is we'll have a bigger tourney next time.
    So, anyone else want in?

16. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I'm in for spot 8

GBTG likes this.
  17. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Great, well if we're all in agreement then shall we start this one?

No more entries.

I'll draw the names shortly.

GBTG likes this.
  18. GBTG

Let's get this show on the road! :489:

19. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Once I get Post no.2 reserved then this information will be there from now on. I will also put this post into the OP for easy access until I get post no.2.

[​IMG]

The names have been drawn!!

So go ahead and make your sig, contact the person you've been paired with and decide who sets up the thread.

Title it:

Sig Duel #1: Round 1: Ollie vs GBTG
    Sig Duel #1: Round 1: Kaos vs TheNewGuy
    Sig Duel #1: Round 1: Irish-sid vs Biomoid
    Sig Duel #1: Round 1: Jammsbro vs Cylnz

Make the poll 3 days long, votes viewable to the public, with the options a "Sig1" "Sig 2".
    People have certain styles but if we can try keep it anon as possible then it will be fairer.
    Others may comment in the individual threads as to why they picked the sig, but I encourage you to decide which sig you like better before you read the comments or view who voted for what. It's not what everyone else likes, it's what you like that counts.

Sig size is 450 x 150 maximum.

It must be a new sig not posted before.
    Rips will not be allowed, you will be disqualified. It must be your own work.

The first theme to be drawn out was: CARS

I will give the list of themes that were in the hat if required. But there were a lot, including the themes suggested by you, and I don't want to type them all out if I don't have to! :D

Good luck!

Ollie, Cy, Jammsbro and 2 others like this.
  20. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Also, don't worry if you missed this one, you'll get a chance next time. We can treat this as a test run to get everyone else interested in it and hopefully have a lot more people the next time.