1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Signature of the Week - Discussion - mkIII

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Lukin, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Holden McGroin

Holden McGroin

Congratulations helium, sweet job there! :shiny:

helium likes this.
  2. .biomoid.

.biomoid.

Can we rename this competition to "Heliums weekly asskicking" or something?
    Man, how much wins did he have the last couple of weeks?
    Great work, Helium!

helium likes this.
  3. Razor84

Razor84 The Masked Man

Yes, he's to SOTWs what Pixar is to Best Animation Feature for the Oscars.

:mrgreen:

helium likes this.
  4. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Congrats Helium!

helium likes this.
  5. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I KNOW! :lol:

...oh yeah, congrats helium!

;)

helium likes this.
  6. FaileyCyrus

FaileyCyrus Grande for Ariana

:lol:

Congrats Helium, again! :cheers:

helium likes this.
  7. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

new one is sent in!

8. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

only got 2 entries so far this week, and i'm going to bed soon! i'll leave it til tomorrow afternoon to make the most of it.

just realised i've got a feeling i may have deleted one or two entrants without realising it, if anyone sent me an entry who isn't bio or the one send me it again!

9. GBTG

^ you ARE drunk! :lol:

I just got back from a day-long roadtrip, and the NBA Game 4 is on tonight, but after that I'll try and get something together (maybe)

;)

10. helium

helium .

entry sent

11. Cold As Ice

I know you at least did delete one then.

12. Cold As Ice

I'm pretty sure i was one of the first who did sent it, i did sent in on Tuesday.m Did re-sent it, please don't "loose" it again

13. Innu3ndo

Innu3ndo

no wonder the number of participants is dwindling away each week no one has a fuckin chance of winning anymore.

maybe you should introduce a new rule where people that win 2 weeks in a row are excluded from the next one. just a suggestion.

14. AFX

AFX Guest

I haven't been entering mainly because of beer and the World Cup but I do think the whole competition has got a bit stale. It could do with some tweaking, not sure what though. Perhaps some stricter rules regarding the themes.

15. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Maybe some new rules/ideas would be worth consideration.

for now, new theme is robots, full results up later tonight but congrats to helium!

helium likes this.
  16. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Congratulations helium, well done!

I have thought of something different... it's about the not voting for your own sig... you could vote for your own sig if wanted but if you do you couldn't enter next week... just an idea..

helium likes this.
  17. Razor84

Razor84 The Masked Man

Congrats again heli!

helium likes this.
  18. GBTG

Some ideas/revisions for SOTW:

• Any sig maker that ends up winning on consecutive weeks has to bow out for the third week. It's not a punishment for winning, it's just a measure to keep people interested and so that others don't get fed up with the competition. This is the same as TheOne's idea, but I really like it.

• Theme ideas shouldn't be repeated, every week it should be something new and a list should be kept with all the past themes. Maybe there could be a expiration with themes though, eg. if it hasn't been done in over 3 months THEN it can be chosen again. I mean, how many times can we have "batman" as a fucking theme?

• Theme's should be less open-ended, a big way to do this is having a fixed stock photo/render instead of just a broad theme. Or even if it's not a fixed image, just even having some stipulations within the themes themselves would help; eg. Native - *must include - tepee, fire, and arrows. Just having those stipulations would make this competition more effect based, which is what I'd be into personally. So maybe a better way to put it is the rule could be, ***EACH THEME HAS TO HAVE 3 CONTENT STIPULATIONS***

• Voting needs to be a bit less biased, I'm not accusing anyone and it's a not even a huge issue, but at the same time it's no surprise that there's certain instances where CONTENT wins out over EXECUTION. Since this is a weekly signature making contest then votes shouldn't be swayed by the fact that their favorite celeb happens to be in a sig, and thus they vote for it regardless of how the sig is executed. Let's put the feelings aside and vote for the sig that actually is the best technically. Meaning in regards to things like; eg. composition, lighting, layout, text, framing, borders, smudging, etc, etc, etc.
    Just some thoughts! ;)

Razor84, helium and Inuk like this.
  19. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

The "EACH THEME HAS TO HAVE 3 CONTENT STIPULATIONS" is an interesting twist.

20. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I think 3 might be a bit heavy, but 1 or 2 or maybe a theme could be 3 things total?
    example:

1 pic
    2 stipulations
    or
    2 pics
    1 stipulation
    or even
    1 pic
    1 stipulation
    1 restriction

you get the idea. It'd be much more like an ad campaign competition. clients always have rules/requirements, and the artists have to be creative in that box to win.

helium and GBTG like this.