1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Signature of the Week - Discussion - mkIII

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Lukin, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

two entries so far..... :?

2. helium

helium .

well it to late for me to help you with a sign... have to go to bed now.. sorry...

3. Lukin

no problem, i can run it with 2 if i have to ;)

i can't even do one myself cos i don't have photoshop right now, will hopefully have it back on tomorrow.

i'm thinking maybe SOTW should have a bit of a hiatus, i think interest in it has waned substantially. if it had a break for a few months people might be more interested in it's come-back.

maybe give SOTW a rest and focus on duels more, but slow the duels down and have a round per week til we reach a single winner.

GBTG likes this.
  4. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I like SOTW more then Duels, it's not about winning or loosing. I don't care if i win or loose, normaly there are at least 4 entries. So then it's harder to choose the sig you like the most. I vote for sig i like to see.

5. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I dont know about a hiatus, at least not until the issues raised by several users is dealt with concerning how it works. I dont mean new rules, but IMO, the theme choices need to be a lot better. Not that the ideas are bad, they arent, they're just too nebulous to have a decent competition with. Freeforall is just a fun display, not a competition. There isnt a criteria to work with. Give me a specific theme with clear criteria and I'll be happy to dive right in. Till then, I've pretty much lost interest.

6. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

I don't really participate anymore so I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter.

One of the reasons I don't make sigs anymore is because I make simple sigs and I've been told by a couple people that they didn't vote for me cause there wasn't a lot done to the source pic.

It just kind of sucks that I wouldn't be able to win because I don't do a lot to the sig.

Hopefully that made sense.

jonno2207, Razor84 and Cy like this.
  7. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Totally ripped the idea from AFX's sig above.

Why cant our SotW contests work like this? The theme put forward is to put your own spin on an example sig?
    I consider that AFX chose a theme with his sig, then it was my job to make it my own by using elements from his sig as requirments. I think that'd make for some really fun contests, and it provides a real reward for last weeks winner in that everybody this week is using something the winner made (Or at least elements from the winner).

I used:
    1. Charlize from the same photo shoot
    2. her full name in the sig
    3. same area of placement for the text and subject
    4. the line below the text is copied right from his
    and yet it's a totally different sig from his. different backgrounds, colors, font, frame, number of figures. Cant we figure out some way to do themes like that for SotW?

Razor84 likes this.
  8. jonno2207

jonno2207

Bravo. Honestly the solution is pretty simple, just take SOTW back to basics. Just give it a theme and and a file size and leave it at that. It needs artistic freedom. A lot of the sigs I have seen on forums whilst technically brilliant, frankfully, just don’t look that good, and that fundamentally is what matters. How it looks. SOTW doesn’t look that much fun to be honest with all the technical stuff, competitions should be fun. You take it WAY too serious. Like my suggestion that winners of one week should sit out the next week but choose the theme and the comments that followed. Seriously guys it’s a WEEK. Also, the assumption that everyone uses Photoshop is wrong, I don’t and I’m sure many other Phunners don’t. If you want to revive SOTW you need to breathe new life into it with new entrants etc. Stripping it back to basics will achieve that I think and who knows even the graphics gods might learn a few new basic tricks that they had either missed or forgotten about. The fact that 99% of the posts in this thread are from people who have entered it before should tell you everything. It needs new blood. Just my 2 cents worth.

spiderswims likes this.
  9. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Probably a good idea, it's wheels are stuck in the mud right now so a little 'time off' would do it good! :yes_new:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? ;)

I'd partake this week but I'm in BC until Monday and don't have PS installed on my laptop (30 day trial ran out). Besides this is the first time I've been on Phun and it's just because I'm finally here alone.

The new "Sig Battle" thing sounds awesome, so I'm gonna focus more on that, maybe let SOTW rest for a month or 2 and then bring it back.

Cheers!

10. Lukin

yeah I think trying to change the rules whilst the contest is running won't really work, we need to have a discussion on how it's going to change and start fresh with the new rules.

I'll temporarily call time on SOTW after the current vote is over, then we'll see how we can make it better. not bad going so far since I only took over for a few weeks to begin with! any and all suggestions welcome so let's try to get it fixed!

11. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Well if the themes are gonna be more like "Megan Fox sig" instead of a girl sig i won't make a SOTW anymore. I like the way the themes are now. I know i won't play the sig battle, so if someone would battle with me he is having tough luck.

12. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I hope the break works out for the better. I'll have a think on a few ideas to give it a kick start too.

13. helium

helium .

Week 01: superior12
    Week 02: toolz
    Week 03: innu3ndo
    Week 04: lukin
    Week 05: irish-sid
    Week 06: nemesis3370
    Week 07: irish-sid
    Week 08: irish-sid
    Week 09: biomoid
    Week 10: inca roads
    Week 11: austxsoul
    Week 12: irish-sid
    Week 13: zecavalo
    Week 14: biomoid and kaos4200
    Week 15: biomoid and gobacktogo
    Week 16: biomoid
    Week 17: biomoid
    Week 18: kaos42000
    Week 19: superior12
    Week 20: kaos42000
    Week 21: nemesis
    Week 22: innu3ndo
    Week 23: gobacktogo
    Week 24: GBTG
    Week 25 - Cold As Ice
    Week 26 - Nemesis
    Week 27 - GBTG
    Week 28 - Inca Roads
    Week 29 - kaos4200
    Week 30 - Inca Roads
    Week 31 - Nemesis
    Week 32 - Innu3ndo
    Week 33 - Inca Roads
    Week 34 - MRF07
    Week 35 - .biomoid.
    Week 36 - (3-way tie) AFX | GBTG | MRF07
    Week 37 - MRF07
    Week 38 - .biomoid.
    Week 39 - .biomoid.
    Week 40 - AFX
    Week 41 - AFX
    Week 42 - Helium
    Week 43 - Helium
    Week 44 - The One
    Week 45 - Jammsbro
    Week 46 - Irish-Sid
    Week 47 - Irish-Sid
    Week 48 - .biomoid.
    Week 49 - Irish-Sid
    Week 50 - GBTG
    Week 51 - Jogs
    Week 52 - AFX
    Week 53 - Jogs
    Week 54 - Helium
    Week 55 - Helium
    Week 56 - Helium
    Week 57 - Ollie
    Week 58 - Helium
    Week 59 - Nemesis
    Week 60 - Helium
    Week 61 - Helium
    Week 62 - EvocationOfSpirit
    Week 63 - Helium
    Week 64 - Helium
    Week 65 - AFX

Ranking:
    1. Helium 10
    2. AFX 9
    3. .biomoid. 9
    4. Irish-Sid 7
    5. GBTG 6
    6. Nemesis 3
    7. Innu3ndo 3
    8. kaos42000 3
    9. jogs 2
    10. MRF07 2
    11. superior 2
    12. Lukin 1
    13. Ollie 1
    14. austxsoul 1
    15. Jammsbro 1
    16. The One 1
    17. Cold As Ice 1
    18. EvocationOfSpirit 1
    19. zecavalo 1
    20. toolz 1

GBTG and irish-sid like this.
  14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Oooh. Nice one helium. Puts things into perspective a bit. It actually makes me want to participate more now. Shame it's on a break!! :lol:

GBTG and helium like this.
  15. AFX

AFX Guest

That's cool seeing all the previous winners. I was Inca Roads btw Helium so I'd have a few more wins. ;) :lol:

helium likes this.
  16. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow, I had no idea I held the 5th place slot!? :eek: That's a cool list helium!

That's cool to see the list like that, it'll be back at some point I'm sure. This break can help the battles to catch on!

helium likes this.
  17. Ollie

Ollie In ze future

Well the hell is my ranking???

Got some explaining do to. :lol:

helium likes this.
  18. helium

helium .

^ sorry ollie
    updated

Ollie likes this.