1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Signature of the Week - Discussion thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Perfect4ths, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Welcome to the SOTW Thread 2.0!

I will just manage the SOTW, I will not compete.

Entry deadline. I am located in the Eastern part of the US (Philadelphia, PA), so the deadline for entries will be 11PM Thursday night for my location. I am GMT-4 (EST)

The game will conclude at 11PM Sunday night for my location. I am GMT-4 (EST USA)

If you are interested in the previous 24 weeks, please go here

Theme:
    Winner of week #39 is: .biomoid.
    Theme for week #40 = Lips - No Verticals!

SOTW 40 - Will begin on December 3rd 2009

Process:

* Create a sig by the rules stated below in the theme stated above.
    * Upload your entry to a host that allows hotlinking (I don't wanna have to re-upload it for it to show up in the thread) DO NOT USE XS.TO AS A FILE HOST

* Don't use a host that can be linked back to you (No directory with your nick, no nick in the filename of your entry, ex: biomoidsotw8.jpg)
    * PM the link to your entry to me, include a theme for next week. (Winner gets to choose next weeks theme)

Rules:

* Entries may not contain your nick or anything else that could identify you.
    * One entry per User. Pick your best!
    * The signature can not be larger than 450*150
    * By entering sotw you agree that all work is your own.
    * Ripping is not acceptable, if you are caught you will be disqualified from the contest.
    * Ripping is taking someone else's work, maybe editing it slightly and claiming it as your own.
    * All entries must be new, you can't enter a sig that you have posted before in any other thread.
    * All entries have to be in my inbox on Friday morning, list of entries will be posted on Friday, votes have to be in by Sunday, winner and new theme will be announced on Monday.

Voting:

* comments are permitted in the voting-thread. Constructive criticism is allowed, but nothing harsh or flammatory
    * Do NOT vote for your own entry.
    * Voters user names will be seen in the Poll

Winners Showcase

Week #39 - .biomoid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #38 - .biomoid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #37 - MRF07
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #36 - (3-way tie) AFX | GBTG | MRF07
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #35 - .biomoid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #34 - MRF07
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #33 - Inca Roads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #32 - Innu3ndo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #31 - Nemesis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #30 - Inca Roads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #29 - kaos4200
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #28 - Inca Roads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #27 - GBTG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #26 - Nemesis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week #25 - Cold As Ice
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mah0ne, Redwing1, Cy and 8 others like this.
  2. Perfect4ths

Perfect4ths ...That's All She Wrote ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Polls Champion 2023

Winner - 18 votes
    #2 - .biomoid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd Place - 10 votes
    #5 - Nemesis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3rd Place - 4 votes
    #4 - Eve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4th Place - 3 votes
    #1 - Cold As Ice
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5th Place - 0 votes (All votes DQ)
    #3 - $tu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mah0ne, JLoveUser, whats2u and 9 others like this.
  3. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Just send in mine.

4. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Thank you for all your hard work bio! You done a great job and I'm sure it's appreciated by all!
    And good luck p4! :)

5. Nemesis

Nemesis

x2 :beerchug:

6. Nemesis

Nemesis

Here's what I used for my 2nd place sig. :D

[​IMG] & [​IMG]

7. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I see I've been replaced! ;)

Thanks for stepping up P4, I'm sure you'll do a great job and you'll probably have a better chance of having the time to do it. I volunteered but in all truth I'm pretty busy and I wouldn't want to miss working the thread.

Anyways, I'm glad to see it continue, and I'd also like to thank bio for all the work he's put into this competition, it was a great concept and I'm really glad it's still alive and well.

Cheers,

8. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

x4 ;)

9. 2001pm

2001pm 2+2 is on my mind...

An excellent job you've all have done in here! .biomoid. kicked ass, and, P4, you're perfect for the job!

Just a note on time zones: If you're in England or in another part of Europe that sets clocks an hour ahead in the summer, than Eastern U.S. Daylight Time is still 5 hours earlier than your time. I understand some parts of Europe set clocks ahead for the summer and some don't. Here is the correct U.S. time link if you have any doubt:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/

When the U.S. sets clocks ahead, "Eastern Standard Time" (EST) becomes "Eastern Daylight Time" (EDT). Then it reverts to EST when U.S. clocks are set back to "normal" in October.

I know it seems trivial, but I'd hate to see a great sig get lost in the time zone shuffle.

.....2001pm

GBTG, .biomoid., kaos42000 and 5 others like this.
  10. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Thanks to Bio for all your hard work on here!!!!! I'm sure P4 will do an awesome job keeping it up........tho P4 we will miss your contributions.........Nice to see Phun member's working together to keep things going!!!!!!!!!
    GBTG.........Sucks to have forgotten to send a theme for next week.......Been there done that........ Hopefully P4 might be on the ball enough to send a reminder for those of us too caught up in the moment.....to send a quick PM...."Hey dumbass......you forgot to send a theme for next week"

11. Perfect4ths

Sounds like something I would say :)

12. Perfect4ths

Currently I have 3 entries for this week's SOTW competition. I hope more of you are planning on entering.

13. GBTG

Shit I forgot about it this week! I'll try my best to get something in before tomorrow's up P4.

My guess is that it'll take a week or 2 for people to catch on to the new running of things though.

14. kaos42000

kaos42000 Living after midnite ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Now you should have 4.......let's hope everyone is waiting to bombard you tomorrow nite.......

15. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

i'll make mine tonight forgot all about it since i was 2 weeks on holiday :f

16. GBTG

entry sent last night.

17. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

I've tried working this out and googled loads of crap, even checked out the link PM posted but I'm stuck!

Can someone tell me what day and time GMT the deadline is. I know it'd sound stupid coming from anyone else, but I've never been able to get the right time for SOTW!! :D

18. AFX

AFX Guest

Presuming you're in the UK Sid then P4 is five hours behind us, so you have til 5AM to get your entry in. Dunno if I'll make it, I just can't think of anything and don't feel very inspired right now.

irish-sid and Perfect4ths like this.
  19. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Thanks. It seems to be the same time as bio done it doesn't it? No worries now, I just wanted to know for the future. My entry is in.

20. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

nah it's 6 hours later then bio's

GBTG and irish-sid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.