1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Signature Of The Week - Discussion Thread - IV

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by GBTG, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

WELCOME TO THE 4TH INSTALLMENT OF
    [​IMG]

DISCUSSION THREAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOTW is back! I've since taken over the duties from Lukin, so from now on I'll be the one coordinating the weekly competitions. Initially when P4 left SOTW the plan was that Lukin would handle it for a few weeks/a month until I could take over, and well...6 months later here we are! So since the hiatus I volunteered to finally step up take and responsibility for it. It's something I've always wanted to do so I'm excited to get it underway. I can already tell that this brief 'time off' from the competition has created some much needed interest in the comp, so expectations are good for when the first poll goes up! So in closing I just wanna throw a big thanks out to Lukin for taking over and running SOTW so well for that large chunk of time! ;)

This post will be updated each week with the final voting results, the winner as well as the new theme for the next week.

Next Week's Theme:

• SOTW HAS BEEN POSTPONED - READ THIS
    • (entries must be in by 9pm MDT (GMT -7) on Thursday)
    Process:

• Create a sig that is applicable to the weeks theme
    • PM it to me (GBTG) and include a theme suggestion for next week
    • The member who's sig receives the most votes will be that week's winner and their theme suggestion will be used for the following week
    Rules:

• Entry sigs cannot contain any suggestion of your username (even if style is a dead giveaway at times) and this includes filenames
    • Sigs can't be larger than 550x160px (unless otherwise stated by theme)
    • All entries must be new, you can't enter a sig that you have posted before in any other thread
    • By submitting a sig you agree that all work is your own
    • Ripping is not acceptable, if you are caught you will be disqualified from the contest (remember Tineye exists folks!)
    • No verticals (unless it's the theme)
    Voting:
    • Comments are encouraged, please feel free to say why you voted for a specific sig
    • Votes will be viewable to the public to avoid any problems
    • Do NOT vote for your own entry
    Entry Deadline:

• I'm located in Western Canada (GMT -7) so everyone must have their sigs in by 9PM MDT on Thursday evening
    • The poll will be up typically sometime within the same hour
    • The poll will close on Sunday evening and the winner/new theme will be announced soon after
    Ranking:

• Helium - 13
    • AFX - 9
    • .biomoid. - 9
    • Irish-Sid - 7
    • GBTG - 6
    • Lukin - 4
    • Nemesis - 3
    • Innu3ndo - 3
    • kaos42000 - 3
    • Jogs - 2
    • MRF07 - 2
    • Superior12 - 2
    • EvocationOfSpirit - 2
    • Ollie - 1
    • Austxsoul - 1
    • Jammsbro - 1
    • TheOne - 1
    • Cold As Ice - 1
    • Zecavalo - 1
    • Toolz - 1
    • Razor84 - 1
    Previous Winners:

SOTW 73 - CORPORATE LOGOS - LUKIN
    [​IMG]

SOTW 72 - WATCHMEN - LUKIN
    [​IMG]

SOTW 71 - RESIDENT EVIL - LUKIN
    [​IMG]

SOTW 70 - FREESTYLE 450x200px - HELIUM
    [​IMG]

SOTW 69 - THE BEACH - HELIUM
    [​IMG]

SOTW 68 - SOVIET UNION - EVOCATIONOFSPIRIT
    [​IMG]

SOTW 67 - INSECTS - HELIUM
    [​IMG]

SOTW 66 - FREESTYLE - RAZOR84

[​IMG]

marxx, juliane, Cy and 4 others like this.
  2. GBTG

1st Place - 13 Votes - Lukin
    [​IMG]

2nd Place - 5 Votes - TheOne

[​IMG]

3rd Place (tie) - 2 Votes - Razor84
    [​IMG]

4th Place - 1 Votes - xdreamer78
    [​IMG]

Total Votes - 21

3. GBTG

REGARDING SOTW CHANGES:

There was a lot of talk before the SOTW hiatus about changing the competition and making it much more linear, but after hearing some of the responses it's clear that excess stipulations is NOT the way to go for this comp. Those kind of ideas are probably better left for the other sig contests that are held here on Phun (eg. Sig Tournaments & Sig Battles). So here's what I say, let's take SOTW back to the bare essentials like where it was when it first started. EVERYONE is encouraged to partake, even if you make the simplest sigs on earth it's just phun to take a theme, think of a final product, and work to achieve it. Yes crazy effects and alterations are encouraged, but in no way should they seem like a stipulation.

This will be a trial run with these stipulations (or lack thereof) but it'll be an open forum for suggestions.
    Feel free to share whatever you think would be best for the competition. All suggestions will be discussed and weighed out fairly, so feel free!

marxx, jonno2207, Cy and 3 others like this.
  4. Holden McGroin

Holden McGroin

Geez I'm away for a while and everything changes!

Should go away more often... :p

Congrats GBTG for taking over SOTW man :applause: With your passion and talents SOTW will do very well!

And :applause: also to Lukin for all his hard work up till now, good job dude! :welldone:

I will think of some suggestions and themes later.

Lukin likes this.
  5. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

First of all: Lukin thanks for running it the last months :tup:

GBTG thanks for picking it up. :tup:

I would say keep SOTW theme as big as possible, take "girls" in stead of "Sharon den Adel". If you narrow it down to much less entries will come in. If someone wants to make a sig with stipulations he could make them for himself.

Lukin likes this.
  6. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

are those Canadian Numerals? cos 4 is typically IV ;) but let's not get into spelling already or he'll run away!

good luck with the contest dan and here's to all running smoothly! hopefully popularity will increase and we can have some good weeks with plenty taking part. I'm gonna try to enter most weeks.

GBTG and Razor84 like this.
  7. Razor84

Razor84 The Masked Man

:rofl:

8. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

I really liked the "old" sotw without so many restrictions... so I am glad it got restarted! Many thanks to Lukin for your work picking up after P4! (not that P4 made any mess or anything;)) And thanks to GTBG for taking the helm!

Will be exited to continue doing sigs just for the fun of it!

Lukin likes this.
  9. AFX

AFX Guest

Good to see you taking over the reigns GB, and thank you Lukin for the great job you did previously.

Lukin likes this.
  10. I would love to get back involved with the SOTW contest.

11. AFX

AFX Guest

First off, great to see you back PH, and secondly, hopefully this new SOTW encourages yourself and the likes of Spider to participate again. I'm still a thorough believer in the fact that if you find the right source pic you can still make a great sig and win this competition, regardless of how many effects you've applied to it. I don't know about the other sig makers here but for me a large majority of my time is often taken up from hunting down suitable pics for any ideas I may have.

12. Cold As Ice

I know a simple sig can win, i won SOTW25 with a simple sig.

[​IMG]

Razor84 likes this.
  13. I am still surprised I have done well in these competitions before.

14. TheOne

same here!

15. GBTG

Fuck me! I changed it! :lmao:

Great to see the reaction is strong, it's all about phun guys, so please compete if you have the time.

I think taking it back to the roots is the best thing to do at this time.

Cold As Ice and Lukin like this.
  16. Cold As Ice

A fixed render is also nice sometimes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Was my theme when i did turn in a sotw, with it i wrote "one or both renders"

GBTG likes this.
  17. GBTG

I must say I was expecting the reaction to be A LOT stronger here guys! :(

18. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

i'm not really good with idead :D
    tho i've got to say the sotw never really got me somehow
    As first theme i would suggest something open, let everyone make what they think is best

GBTG likes this.
  19. TheOne

Didn't realize you were looking for a theme.:oops:

I agree with essen, lets make the first freestyle!

GBTG likes this.
  20. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Theme idea.

This weeks current worldwide headlines.

GBTG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.