1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

TCF's Guide to getting HOT

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by The Cunt Factory, Nov 13, 2008.

1. The Cunt Factory

The Cunt Factory phundamental

Nope, this isn't a personal guide on how to get hot with the chicks. :)

Just some guidelines on how to create real flames/fire with PRO-brushes ... high quality/depth/detail and still transparent to paste them into another pic of your choosing,
    like these:

[​IMG] made with only one brush

To begin of course you'll need some real professional brushes.
    I collected 44 of them (19.2 MB) and packed them into a rar-file together with the 10 tutorial pics with text as seen below.
    The brushes are packed in the rar file and called "flames.abr".

http://rapidshare.com/files/163417282/FLAMES.rar

Next is pretty straight forward; just download the rar file and unpack (password = TCF).
    It contains a folder with the pics (100.jpg to 110.jpg) and the brushes file.
    You'll be able to follow step through step the tututorial by scrolling down the pics starting with 100.jpg tot 110.jpg while working in PS.
    The result is shown in the pic above.

Below is the guide in pics, step through step.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy yourselves and if there's any questions ... ask. ;)

For the more advanced phunners: in the 4th layer I go for "vivid light" blend mode. It's my feeling the flames become more intense/alive.
    However you can stay with "colour burn" like the 3rd layer and/or play with different opacity settings.
    The picked colours "yellow" and "orange" can of course be altered to different settings/tone than the ones I suggested.
    Well, you all know this so go and play.
    :p

pancho, Cretan, Austxsoul and 9 others like this.
  2. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

very cool tcf!

3. haydaddict

haydaddict Smiley King ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Thats helpful TCF!!! :thumbsup:

4. wtfazzhole

wtfazzhole Munchin on Pussy ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew

you got new shapes i can add to photoshop?

5. Redwing1

Redwing1 LOW LIFE ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Sweet as hell , you guys are brilliant for sure.
    Thanks alot

6. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

7. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I have CS2 but I'm sure CS3 has something similar. After trying TCF's fine tutorial, look for your brush presets if you desire/need a flame (or any brush) to go in a different direction/angle. Click "Brush Tip Shape" and you have a ton of new options. Lets say you wanted a longer, arching or even a circle of flame, you can change the angle with the brush presets, as well as many other properties.

[​IMG]

toolz and Jammsbro like this.
  8. bamafan

bamafan Staring at (.)Y(.) ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

meh, he's just showing off :lol:

The Cunt Factory likes this.
  9. The Cunt Factory

Think you gonna like them, 44 brushes made by a pro brush artist from PS.

CS3 is quite similar B. ;)
    I only explained the basics on blending and actions to make flames look real; it goes without saying of course that you can alter the brush shapes in PS.
    If you want you can even combine several flame brushes and erase/modify manually and so create a new brush shape that you can save.

Point is I'm not really into brushes/shapes because most of the freeones are quite poor (no disrespect for the makers pf course) but sometimes I stumble upon some really good ones ... like these. They were made by a quite known PS artist and are retail brushes, not freebies. I just happened to stumble upon a retail version on the netz. :p

10. SilentB

SilentB ---------------

I fully understood your intentions and its a very good tutorial. I was only trying to add the posibility of angles and how they can be applied, something I didnt discover right away.

I know first hand about the quality of some brushes. I've had more than a few that were complete crap and a waste of space in my brush menu. The examples were totaly misleading. As you've seen, I also very seldomly use shape brushes.

11. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

This is ace. I have always wanted fire effects but never knew how to do it.

No all i need is CS3 :D

Andyone know if there is such a thing as a vector filter? Something that will let me create vector style effects on images.

12. The Cunt Factory

It should be possible in PS7 also. I take you can work in different layers and change blend mode from normal to colour burn?

Never heard of it.

13. Euphoria

Euphoria Official Phun.org Amateur Model ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have CS3 and when I get time(rarely nowadays), I really enjoy playing around with it(when I'm not playing with my pussy.... again, rarely). :p

This is a great tut TCF, thank's so much. Bookmarked!

14. Austxsoul

Austxsoul A Pirates Life For me

TCF, Thank you. I am trying to learn to use all the tools in PS now. I have so many things I want to do but I do not know how but I am learning something new each day and I do appreciate the brushes for the flames. I am guessing they will work with PS CS also. I let you know how it turns out...