1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The "Automotive" picture thread [NS]

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by dAlieman, Jul 17, 2009.

1. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

Tried to do a search, but couldn't find any threads here on phun which were related to just cars.

Thread rules:

• Only post pictures of cars that you've take yourself.
    • No spam or stupid comments like: "that car sucks", "this don't" etc..
    • Some info about when the picture was taken and what kind of car it is (if you do not know or remember the date or time or the name of the car, then just leave it blank).

Sixxer likes this.
  2. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

[​IMG]

Was taken about a month ago. I am unsure of what sort of car it is, although it looks like some sort of old army vehicle.

3. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

[​IMG]

Taken a couple of months back. I'm not much of a expert on old cars, so maybe some of you know what kind of MG this is?

4. S-type

S-type Cogito, ergo sum Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

^^^ It's an MGB - more info here.

dAlieman likes this.
  5. brothergrims

brothergrims gone

this appears to be a unimog
    merc provides them to militaries around the world, but they are also used alot in off road phuning. they come in all sorts of verities - p/u, panel and even one with a back ho on it.Not much less than 10 years ago you could get one for 2k but now they go for 10 to 12k for a good example. here is some more stuff.

[youtubevid]0CmSN7m3sdE[/youtubevid]

[​IMG]

dAlieman likes this.
  6. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

Cheers guys. Would be fun to try the unimog in a terrain like that :D

7. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

8. S-type

I understand your concern, Sid, but dAlieman's prime thrust (see his first post in the thread) is for the pics to be phunner-taken, which does sort of link it to the CB. Responders need to take care not to break the rules in their enthusiasm to be helpful, but let's see how it pans out!

9. chumwithrum

chumwithrum

I believe that is a Pingauzer? Volvo also made some sort of variant of this. The Governator owns both.. For the record, a Unimog is FAR superior.. :)

10. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

Our new Kia Sedona van - shot these two pics just last week near Deceux Falls (Niagara region, Canada).

We bought it for our production company for haulin' props and photo gear back and forth from the workshop and studios. Its an '04 with only 40k on the odo and immaculate condition inside and out - fully loaded. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dAlieman likes this.
  11. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

Wasn't aware of that thread, Sid, as i only did a search in the "creative backyard".

Exactly. There are millions of pictures out there of cars, so i was hoping people would share the pictures they've taken themselfs. Of course, I have no chance to check that the pictures posted aren't taken by the user, but it's no biggy, although i hope they post their own pictures. I've taken quite a few pictures of different cars and will keep posting them in this thread :)

12. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Fair enough. Well here's my sex machine...

[​IMG]

dAlieman likes this.
  13. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

Now thats a real sex machine, is it the 1.3L Felicia?:mrgreen:

irish-sid likes this.
  14. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Old Citroen, no idea which year it's made.

15. dAlieman

dAlieman ADD+

[​IMG]

My best friends car, Audi A4 TDI Quattro.

16. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Yep, and apart from the exhaust falling off (which is fixed now) it's like a brand new car, and some great poke. It feels like a 1.5
    750 euro and 60k on the clock.

17. furball101

furball101

Down under SK your car is known as a Kia (Grand) Carnival I'll post some pics of my cars when i get some taken ;)

18. SilentKnight

SilentKnight Photographer

Ok, didn't know that.

I guess the S. Koreans retag them for various continents.

19. S-type

Not just the S Koreans! Many motor manufacturers around the world adopt make and model names appropriate to local circumstances, taking particular account of language/cultural differences. And some motor manufacturers (A) in some countries, who wish to complete their range of vehicles with a type that they don't manufacture, will sometimes do a deal with another manufacturer (B), possibly elsewhere in the world but which does produce that type of vehicle, to put A's make/model name on the product for A's home market, and possibly not to market B's own product in competition!

20. bloodhound_pt

bloodhound_pt

that as apened with WW in america thei big Van is a chrysler with WW logos on it