1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The EVIL AD is back.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Jun 10, 2008.

1. bamafan

bamafan Staring at (.)Y(.) ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The boards seem better for me today already, haven't noticed how many users were on but it seems to be loading much quicker - hell, I even loaded a few of the gifs :D

As far as how many times you get the pop-up ads - if you logout of the internet all-together and log back in - if your ISP assigns you a different ip address on that session I would imagine you will get the pop-ups again. Solution: if you don't want them don't disconnect from the internet.;)

2. juggaloryder

juggaloryder

And here I was going to complain.

3. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

i get the pop up loads but if it comes to the benificial aspects of phun who gives a fuck.

4. mrfreeze

mrfreeze Exec E's KinkE Consultant

So that's the reason I got those pop ups at the bottom of my screen. I don't mind since they are small and it help out phun.

5. hellnback

hellnback

wow, 15 pop ups a few seconds apart from each other. what's going on, that's way to much. three is fine, but 15. 16 now. as i typed this another poppped up. i can understand trying to improve the forum but when it does get this annoying well it's just rediculous already.

*just editing this in but it's now up to 26. it happens everytime i view a new page. the ad goes away and randomly it will pop up again a few seconds later on the same page.

6. Kieks

Kieks Getting away with it, all messed up. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Original Phun Crew

Hopefully cayne can shed some light on it.

Are those of you who are having troubles actually clicking the 'x' on the pop-up? I am and am not getting more than the 3 a day. Maybe if you don't click the 'x', it keeps appearing?

Not sure, but give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

7. ManRay

ManRay Back !! (Kinda) ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

??

Well i only get one to three, tops...

Never clicked on the x, will try that tonight !

8. Jammsbro

Jammsbro ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

i get anbout a dozen every day

9. hellnback

hellnback

yep i clicked on the x on several of them but they still keep coming out. i'm on my 7th one at the moment. some stay up until i click the x, others will just go away on their own. but they still come back. now i'm on my 8th.

10. TKA1

TKA1 has erectile dysphunction

i get 3 in a row every 24 hours. just let them load and x them out. that's how it's supposed to be right? weird you guys are gettin it more. that sucks!

11. cayne

cayne Guest

You should get just three, no matter if you click the "x" or not. But I'll see the results of the ad in a week or so. Then I'll decided if it makes sense to keep it here, or not.

12. ManRay

Phun works great again !!

Anything to do with that new server ??

13. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

I've noticed that phun is a lot faster since the ad.

14. TKA1

TKA1 has erectile dysphunction

it was turtle-slow today and yesterday at times, always when we hit 4,000+ people online. i don't see how the ad would have anything to do with any of that either way.

15. ec691

ec691

Three a day? I get at least three a minute and clicking on the x does not help. It's fucking annoying as Hell.

16. MasterBator

MasterBator ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

3 per day for me too

17. rapids_x

rapids_x firebrigade

I clicked on the ad. Site looks good. May help me get a girlfriend... the site have also my country listed. Possible someone very near were i live too. But i don't know how it is with the privacy and i'm also shy! :D

18. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

I'm now getting that fucking pop up EVERY time a page loads.

Thats more than a bit annoying

I'm starting to get a bit fucked off.

19. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

And this morning its back to only 3

20. ManRay

billy are you using that new firefox beta ?