1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

The "Thanks" bounce to the top or somewhere above where you are.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by LipsofJoy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Green Bastard

Green Bastard feels good man

I'm curious, when you added NotScript, did you disable Adblock plus since you are now simply blocking scripts by default (but probably allowing from Phun)?

Because I've traced this problem, at least in my case, to Adblock. Phun is apparently on the "Easy List" as "phun.org/*.js" which blocks useful js as well. And, since the "post_thanks.js" isn't available, the ajax onclick function fails and just follows the regular link instead causing a page reload. This may be why it seemed to just start happening on it's own if Phun was only recently added to the list.

You can disable Adblock for Phun, use a different list, or add a filter exception. I'm using a filter exception. Find your Adblock preferences, Custom filters, click "add filter" and use something like this:

Code:
    @@||phun.org/clientscript/*.js
    But, if you aren't using Adblock or anything else that might be blocking javascript, I'd be curious to know what browser and version you're using. Because as long that file loads and your browser is reasonably up to date, it should probably work as far as I can tell.

7 people like this.
  2. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

That worked. :D

3. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I have AdBlock Plus but it's not disabled. Should I disable it and let NotScript do the work?

4. Green Bastard

For fixing Phun, all you have to do is make sure you aren't blocking JavaScript from Phun. So, with AdBlock you'd want to check which of the lists you are subscribed to and if Phun is on there, make sure to whitelist Phun or add that exception rule I posted. And, make sure Phun is whitelisted with NotScripts as well.

For general use, it depends on what you want and how you have them configured. Most ads are loaded via JS, so if you are already blocking scripts with something like NotScripts/NoScript, Adblock is made mostly irrelevant. But, Adblock can also block plain banner images that are loaded statically without JS. Though, it doesn't make a huge difference, 3rd-party JS is the main thing you want to block. Personally, I'm using NoScript, AdBlock, and also Ghostery. Admittedly, there's a huge amount of overlap there and it's not really needed.

2 people like this.
  5. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Okay. I'm not having any other issues so I'll just leave them to do their work without me tinkering with shit and fucking it up. :lol:

6. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper I don't know. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

What does Ghostery do exactly.....I was under the impression that it just gave you information.

7. Green Bastard

Ghostery is similar to AdBlock in that it maintains a list of sites to block except that it focuses on privacy rather than the annoyance of ads. A lot of the time it's blocking the same things though because it's usually advertisers that track you. In addition to some ads, it also blocks things like analytic scripts, social widgets, cookies, and tracking bugs (tiny transparent images used only to hit a tracking server).

It does give you information on which companies are tracking you and how many "bugs" are on the current page. I think blocking is even off by default, but personally I just hide that info and set it to block everything it detects (careful, all this blocking will occasionally cause problems with sites).

Be aware that some people have some complaints about it and prefer a different one called Disconnect. The reasoning is that Ghostery isn't open-source so you can't be sure that they aren't actually tracking you themselves. In fact, when you set it up there's an option called "Ghost Rank" that when enabled will collect information about which trackers you are seeing where and Ghostery sells that data to 3rd parties. But, they don't hide that fact and it's all supposed to be anonymized, isn't sold back to the Ad industry, yada yada. Or, you can just not enable it. Ghostery just has (I think) a more extensive list and more configuration options.

Not that you really need to do any of this, I just happen to think tin foil hats are pretty fashionable.

8. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Just worked out its the Livejasmin webcam Pop up.... (Java) Disabled all my filters clicked one of the "Thanks" buttons screen didnt jump but got the Livejasmin popup...
    So Now I'm gonna try with Tor...

9. Green Bastard

Just so it's clear, it's not that Livejasmin ad itself that causes the thanks button to reload the page. You're apparently using some extension/add-on to block JavaScript (JavaScript is entirely different from Java, btw. Java should disabled altogether at least in your browser. JavaScript, on the other hand, is important to a lot of sites). But, while your add-on is successfully blocking Livejasmin, it's also blocking a JavaScript file from Phun that is needed for the thanks button.

So, the solution that you probably want is to leave your filter add-on(s) enabled, but make sure that Phun.org is whitelisted in the settings for said add-on. The directions for Adblock are above, but if you're using a different one, just let me know and I could post instructions for it too.