1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

TheNewGuy vs .biomoid. - Sig Duel Tournament 2 - Round 1

Discussion in 'Expired Polls' started by .biomoid., Nov 27, 2009.

?

Vote for your favorite sig

Poll closed Nov 29, 2009.
  1. Sig 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sig 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. .biomoid.

.biomoid.

Sig 1:
    [​IMG]

Sig 2:
    [​IMG]

Vote for your favourite and feel free to comment.​

2. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Went with no.2
    Great sig for the theme and kinda eerie. It's well balanced. Looking good!

I feel no.1 could've been framed better but a good sig nevertheless.

Good luck both of you!

3. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

I understand Sids opinions, and agree with him to an extent, but I went for #1 because all round I just prefer it. I find the easiest way to pick between 2 sigs is just consider which one YOU'D prefer as your own sig. and for me it's 1. well done to both, difficult choice.

4. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Voted for sig 2, it's the one i did like the most

5. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Another tough one.

The technical.
    :tup: to both. Clean, sharp, well executed sigs. +1 each

The style.
    Neither have any txt at all to tell me what it's about or who they are. -1 each

Both are excellent character sigs but neither scream "Magic" as the focus imo. -1 each

#1 Gandalf. Always a classic. Defining good wizards for 70 years. I would have been more pleased with this one if Gandalf had been put in a more contrasting setting so he stood out more. Maybe just select everything but him and darken to make him stand out more dynamically, he kinda blends into the stone background. Top marks on choice of screenshot/material. Ill bet you could find a bunch of people on LOTR online who'd beg for it. +1 on subject choice

#2 Mystra. If that's Mystra from TSR/Forgotten realms then it's hard to beat the goddess of magic. But how many oldtime gamers are around here? It's a very well executed sig, and the heavy top/bot bars on the frame are a great personal signature.
    If it was a char sig contest for the caster from Diablo you'd win hands down. Heck, I'd use it for my sorceress from diablo2 on battlenet. +1 for subject choice.

The vote.
    It's strange that both duelists in this one chose such similar subjects and execution. They even face the same direction. Neither have txt or identifiers. Both have non contrasting backgrounds. Good, balanced borders on both. No technical (jaggies, bad lighting, bad cutouts etc) on either, exact same style weaknesses on both.

It's a coin toss really.

In the end, even though I told myself I wouldnt do it this time, it's gonna come down to the content, not the style or artwork quality, because they are so very similar.

#1; because without Gandalf, that second pic would never have been drawn. Tolkien defined 20th century fantasy. Even the people who subscribed to Howard, or Moorcock more stylewise owe it to Tolkien for fantasy being acceptable reading.

6. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Both awesome work guys!
    Liked nr.2 more myself since i got more with bright colours myself.

7. MarkyMark1971

MarkyMark1971 Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Voted.

8. GBTG

GBTG Phuns Resident Music Nerd ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Voted for 2; I like the contrast and the highlights, although it definitley could have handled some sort of text. In fact they both could have bettered from it!

1 isn't bad, and it's a really interesting photo but I agree with Sid; it could have been framed better.

9. Ollie

Ollie In ze future

Voted for sig2, love the design

10. MasterS2

MasterS2 ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Voted for #2
    Huge Gandalf fan, but the effects of #2 are beautiful
    Good luck guys :thumbs:

11. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Congrats to Sig no.2!
    If you could make yourself known please.

.biomoid. likes this.
  12. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Digital Love.

Congrats to Bio! :D

.biomoid. likes this.
  13. .biomoid.

.biomoid.

Thanks TheNewGuy (and the voters ;)).

Here's my source pic btw:
    [​IMG]
    I see someone in one of the other threads even used the same image. So much for originality :p.
    I didn't do an awfull lot to enhance the picture, just spiced up the magic effect from green to a more colorfull spell.

Cy, TheNewGuy, Cold As Ice and 3 others like this.
  14. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Nice one, congrats bio.

.biomoid. likes this.
  15. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Congrats Bio!

.biomoid. likes this.
  16. mah0ne

mah0ne momsenetic ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Congratulations Bio. :)

.biomoid. likes this.
  17. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Digital Love.

I'm gonna post my source pic too:

[​IMG]

I played alot with the colors and the lightning, added some brushes to make the light ball more "real"

irish-sid, mah0ne and .biomoid. like this.
  18. Lukin

Lukin Mr Nici ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

congrats bio

19. Gwyndster

Gwyndster

Darn, I missed the vote, congrats bio, commiserations TNG.

I liked both, I think the sigduel is a hard balancing act, on the one hand you shouldn't need (in my view) to have to explain what the subject of the sig is in a sig duel, on the other you need to leave some space for a name to go in the sig if it's used without making it look too empty.

Great work both of you, thank you for your efforts, much appreciated by this inartistic amateur.

20. AFX

AFX Guest

Nice one Bio.

.biomoid. likes this.