1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vBulletin 4.1.8.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Nov 17, 2011.

1. cayne

cayne Guest

We've just updated the forum to the latest version. We hope this will help with the performance issues a bit. But we're also in process to get a custom setup for our board, because the code isn't made for such a big forum and that's why we're experiencing so many issues during the last few weeks. Please post here, or in the "about phun.org" forum, if you run into any kind of weird errors or problems.

J3scribe, Ramsfan, Magge and 14 others like this.
  2. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Thanks for the update boss.... :beerchug:

3. LarsUlrichTheSecond

LarsUlrichTheSecond I'm back! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Great stuff! :D long live Phun!

4. HeavyToka

HeavyToka Lost in a haze ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Thanks for all the hard work!

5. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

For me is slow

6. gaphugs

gaphugs BANNED

Takes ages to load - remaind unusable in any enjoyable way

7. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Thanks for the update, still seems VERY slow to load and I'm still getting a popup to 'change pages' when I reply with quotes sometimes. Scratch that, it's now doing it with simple replies, such as when I posted this.

8. Marquez

Marquez Ripped & Sweet

I'm having the same problems as X-Spectre. It's running VERY slowly and I get the 'are you sure you want to leave this page' pop up whenever I post a quick reply.

9. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Now getting 502 Gateway errors when trying to click threads in the celeb section, I put it here because of the update, if gateway errors should still go in the gateway errors thread could a mod please let us know.

10. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

I'm getting the same and just had some 502 errors and a 504 error

11. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

504 Gateway Time-out
    nginx/1.0.6

Getting loads of 504 .... Also firefox pop up asking if I want to leave page when I submit a post....

12. Inuk

Inuk insert witty comment here ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

thanks for the update cayne.

with a large board like this I'm sure there may be bugs to find and fix.

thanks for all the hard work!

13. cayne

cayne Guest

yeah, the speed is horrible...and I'm not sure why, trying to find it out ://

14. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Can we all go visit the hosting company with a big bag of clothespins? Each time we get a 502 or 504 that user gets to snap on another clothespin.

Magge, X-Spectre and brothergrims like this.
  15. Lirva_Engival

Lirva_Engival .

i've given up expecting this version to get better.... *sigh*
    i keep coming back because of the excellent content on the celeb forums
    and hopefully all the regular uploaders will stay despite the ongoing problems! :)

16. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

same problem here, and it's getting annoying to have it on every post.

17. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

I'm experiencing the same problems that are being reported today. I have noticed something, and it may be coincidental but, it seems the more pages a thread has the longer the refresh rate. Just something I noticed and then again it may be nothing...

18. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Time to open this thread from front page = 8 seconds
    Time to open Inbox through "private messages" front page link = 16 seconds
    Time to reply with quote = 22 seconds
    Time in giving "Thanks" to completely finish = 27 seconds (this puzzles me greatly)
    Time to post a reply in this thread specifically = 41 seconds

Suffice to say, things are slow. With that said, I haven't seen any gateway or prefetching errors today (jinxing myself now).

Magge and X-Spectre like this.
  19. cayne

cayne Guest

damn, that just looks horrible, but I'm experiencing similar times. but detailed posts like this help us to understand the size of the problem, even tho I have to say, I already know that it is big & bad, but still, the more info we have, the better.

that being said, I've "hired" some of the hosters coders, who seem to know where the problem lies and are going to start working on the code tomorrow, so I pray to the real god, things are going to go better from here on...

@pop-up this seems to be a browser specific problem, as I haven't seen it with Opera, gonna try Mozilla/Chrome in order to get it as well...

Ramsfan, Merlin, Magge and 5 others like this.
  20. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Now, it seems to have sped up quite a bit, so those coders you hired must be on the job already. :yup:

The one that REALLY puzzles me is giving "Thanks". I kinda understand why it might not be instant (i.e. it's updating your user stats and stats of who you're thanking as well), but anything over 5 seconds seems sort of unreasonable. I wish it were like the old version tho - Thanks was near instant, even if it didn't update the user stats at the same time.

baldymofo and A.tab like this.