1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vBulletin 4.1.8.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by cayne, Nov 17, 2011.

1. cayne

cayne Guest

you're right about the "thanks" thing...I don't quite understand the logic behind it as well...hard to say why it's so delayed.

2. fallenhero

fallenhero ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Power Poster

Loading is slow, but also when you do a search with an exclamation mark, it gives this error:

index album,albumdelta,faq,faqdelta,forum,forumdelta,picture,picturecomment,picturecommentdelta,picturedelta,post1,post2,post3,post4,postdelta,socialgroup,socialgroupdelta,socialgroupmessage,socialgroupmessagedelta,thread1,thread2,thread3,thread4,threaddelta,visitormessage,visitormessagedelta: syntax error, unexpected $end near ''

I dont know if its the same with other characters, I haven't tried!!

3. Cy

Cy X-No-Archive ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Oh dear god. Im using FF and opera and the popup is "this page is asking if you want to leave, any information you have typed may be lost" LEAVE / STAY

About 1/3 of the time it then sends you to the you cant post in less than 25 secs, whereupon you hit backspace, refresh the last page and check to see if you have to delete a 2x post, then refresh again and hope you dont get a 50x gateway error, then you read the chat, try to respond, rinse , repeat ad nauseum. The times Mokko said are about right for me too.

4. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

5. Big Bamboo!

Big Bamboo! The Cockney King... Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun HERO

Good morning :) Its 9am here in the UK and phun seams a bit more stable at this moment in time..

Edit: spoke to soon Leave page pop up again and 20 seconds to post 1st comment.. :(

6. fallenhero

fallenhero ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Power Poster

Keep getting same message myself! :(

Im also from UK!

baldymofo and Big Bamboo! like this.
  7. Big Bamboo!

Been running better today...

8. rappy

rappy just a filthy mudblood ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

running well atm :tup:

9. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Been getting better all afternoon (now evening) here in Sweden ! :D

10. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Seems somewhat better today here in the U.S. midwest.

11. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

At some moments very fast, but when "go advanced" it slows down a lot !

12. Merlin

Merlin The Monster YOU Made Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Lounge Lizard Phun Award Holder

Am i the only one who is having issues with replying to quoted messages? It's starting to make me not want to quote anyone because I have to delete the first quote I reply to. Very annoying.

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  13. TheOne

TheOne The President ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

just got this message when trying to edit a post

[​IMG]

14. X-Spectre

Slowed WAY down as of right now and getting 502 gateway error on trying to open celeb forum.

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  15. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Figured I'd update this test again:
    Time to open this thread from front page = 7 seconds
    Time to open Inbox through "private messages" front page link = 8 seconds
    Time to reply with quote = 7 seconds
    Time in giving "Thanks" to completely finish = 13 seconds
    Time to post a reply in this thread specifically = 17 seconds

So, a bit of an improvement from yesterday. YAY CODERS WORKING ON HOST! :banana:

That said, I did get prolonged gateway errors (like 20 minutes)

16. solidskull

solidskull

I got prefetching error and 'leave/stay' popup again today.
    I still think little inconveniences like this is better than taking a chance on a big crash, which I assume is why the forum was upgraded.

17. Big Bamboo!

Loads of 502 errors at about 1am gmt...

18. Big Bamboo!

Now getting...

Prefetching is not allowed due to the various privacy issues that arise.

And taking ages just to thanks someone :(

19. X-Spectre

friggin 400 errors haven't let me access the site for 3 days, finally got fed up and dug into it... had to completely reset IE8 to clear the problem, no other sites had any problem with it just the 'new improved' Phun... :soapbox:

At any rate with the possibility of helping someone with the same problem, although HOW if they can't log on I don't know...

to reset IE (for winXP)
    exit all programs
    go into control panel - internet options - advanced - click reset - click reset again
    restart IE

Big Bamboo! likes this.
  20. bamafan

bamafan Staring at (.)Y(.) ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You should actually do that every couple of days X, you'll maintain your speed with all sites better. Plus set your browser to delete cookies on exit. Only draw back to that is having to close the LJ popups each time you visit the site, if you're not blocking them with a pop-up blocker.