1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

vbulletin - update - in the making, hopefully.

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by TheRiver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun POLL STAR ★

Did someone already mention that the smilies are not available? Neithe on full or quick reply. and neither are the other options associated with the replies such as bold, italics, img, etc.

2. X-Spectre

X-Spectre Veni, Vidi, Veni

Ditto for me CaI, it DOES open but there are no options, that's sort of what I meant, but thanks for the reply, nice to know its not just me... ;)

3. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

X-Spectre likes this.
  4. Marquez

Marquez Ripped & Sweet

Something which has just started happening to me today - Whenever I click the Thanks button, I get the error saying that the thread I am trying to access no longer exists. If I go back, then refresh the thread, my 'Thanks' has been registered.

5. vilecomfort

vilecomfort Kill 'Em All!

I noticed this exact same occurence today. I have a tendency to open 203948329084 different threads in tabs, leave them to load and end up leaving the comp to check them later. This can be a pain in the ass when i have to refresh every tab just to give a courtesy thanks when i make it back to the comp...

6. spiderswims

spiderswims I love everyone ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Phun Award Holder Gayest Member

I've never had the thanks problem yet. What browser are you guys using? I'm using Firefox.

7. mokkoriman

mokkoriman Cunninglinguist ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I sometimes get the "thread no longer exists" error when I hit the "Thanks" button quickly twice. Otherwise, haven't had that error occur otherwise in conjunction with the thanks button (using Firefox btw).

8. X-Spectre

If I could make a humble suggestion... how about a Mods Only Post In sticky at the top of each subforum titled "All current updates on the new Vbulletin software"
    collecting together all of the currently known issues people are having and the Admin/Mod response to each to be updated daily or when things are fixed/addressed, might save you Mods a LOT of time answering questions repeatedly from users like me who are so impossibly dense that we can't find the answers ourselves even though the ARE out there.
    Just a thought :2cent:

9. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

actually this "about phun"-section was supposed to be the source for stuff like this...

10. X-Spectre

Understandable and long-time users DO look here for things but this thread is now what, 15 pages and it's fairly easy to overlook things when searching or paging through, whereas a single bullet point thread at the top of each sub-forum would cut down on idiotic repeat questions by simplifying it for dummies like me... anyhow, keep up the good work, feel for you 'reds' during this "upgrade" period.

11. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Can't enter the General Forum

2 min later i could

12. TheRiver

techies are working on database-improvements. should be done soon, hopefully.
    might lead to a few newstarts, so once in a while you get booted, probably.

Flippy likes this.
  13. Cold As Ice

Cold As Ice Master of Solid Water Ten Years of Phun

Is the slowness also related to that?

14. TheRiver

yes - although right now it looks like the work has been pretty successful.

15. irish-sid

irish-sid BANNED

Are you sure it's 64Gb ram, not 64MB ram? lol.

16. ktm2001

ktm2001

i barely can open the forum since yesterday, getting this mssage each time i open a new window

"400 Bad Request
    Request Header Or Cookie Too Large"

Flippy likes this.
  17. Flippy

Flippy There's some awesome stuff in the garbage. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

we will look into it Ktm

ktm2001 likes this.
  18. ktm2001

ktm2001

problem got fixed or dissapeared, everything is fine now, ty

19. cayne

cayne Guest

please keep the updates coming, if you run into any kind of problems, or errors. BUT let us know if everything is going super-smooth for you as well! ;)

20. funny-man

funny-man

same problem after 20min.
    Only thing to do, is to close firefox.
    very annoying.