1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

DEBATE What are your thoughts on Celebrities Defending Islam?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by kapat, May 6, 2017.

1. haroldinhos

haroldinhos

Probably because some idiots thought it was Islamic. I'm not denying there are idiots who use it as a vehicel for their own idiotic views, but they are a massive minority. As regards the US, where I am nopt from by the way, yes they are involved in shady dealings. That's irrelevant to what I say, though. As shady as they may be, it still needs people willing to destroy innocent people for it to have any essfect. And that requires, in this case, Islam. Although I've noticed that the west in general is damned if they do and damned if they don't in regards to involving themselves in the middle east.

Since you're so reticent to see any bad things in Islam (And by the way there is some good) then maybe you'll be willing to concede that Mohammed was guilty of some absolutely disgusting actions and beliefs?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Ripe

Ripe

Yup... I actually expect him to one day declare himself Vladimir IV of Russia.

But the fact that he's a dictator doesn't change the fact that he's the only politician from this century that knows what he want and how he can achieve his goals. If Hilary managed to became President she wouldn't be able to "marginalize" Putin any more than Obama (or Bush for that matter) could do it.

3. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

I don't think he would be marginalized, but this nonsense about him being the only politician to accomplish his goals is cringe-worthy garbage. It means nothing.

4. Ripe

Ripe

Well, name a politician leading a country in last 15 years who managed to accomplish his goals while in office... and not in some half measure but to the fullest.

5. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Kim Jong-un.

AlexisWhen likes this.
  6. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

And his father.

It's fucking retarded to compare a politician in a democratic government to a dictator. Makes zero fucking sense.

7. J3scribe

True.

BTW folks, when I said Hillary would have marginalized Putin, I was talking about the possible Putin/Russin influence on the election. Nothing more. Putin is a big player on the world stage and he's not going away anytime soon.

Paul Christopher likes this.
  8. Paul Christopher

Paul Christopher

There's a fascinating and well-written article over on the Cee-En-En site (in the opinion section now- no longer on their front page) titled "The Little Boy President" by author Michael D'Antonio. Worth a read. Yes, he may have an axe to grind (and a book to promote), but as I read through it, the parallels he draws therein become very clear.

I'd link directly, but that would be a bad thing. It's fairly easy to find on your own, if you're interested. A nice counterpoint to Faux.

J3scribe likes this.
  9. haroldinhos

haroldinhos

CNN and Fox are often as bad as each other, from different sides.

10. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

CNN is bad from a sensationalist, garbage news angle. MSNBC is the Fox News of the left.

11. Linq

Linq

They all have their bad moments. I used to watch Fox's financial shows b/c of their cringe-worthiness. I haven't watched Tucker Carlson since he got owned by John Stewart on Crossfire. I tune into MSNBC once in a blue moon. CNN got worse when Jeff Zucker (former CEO of NBCU) took over. They were trying to spice things up b/c the level-headed approach wasn't creating good ratings. I mostly try to watch Anderson Cooper. He is respected among his peers and isn't afraid to criticize Dems and GOP. He hasn't changed much since he first started out in the biz.

12. haroldinhos

haroldinhos

Carlson is excellent.

13. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

In what way? That he says things you agree with?

14. haroldinhos

haroldinhos

Mostly the way in which he makes snowflakes and enemies of free speech look like the idiots they are.

15. ade31oh

ade31oh

you can compare Kim Jong-un and his media with the incestuous relationship between dems and their media. both do everything to cover their corruption and to enable each other to lie to the people.

16. Ripe

Ripe

Maybe I should made a qualifier that only leaders from countries that are democracies count... dictators are in league of their own.

CNN and Fox News are both bad due to sensationalist, garbage news they put out but they're at least pretending to be "unbiased and neutral", MSNBC doesn't even bother pretending to be anything.

In any case, it's rather sad and quite problematic for all of the "major" news organizations when Fox News actually manage to be the most professional during election night...

17. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Choking the Robot Chicken ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I never really understand why people gripe about MSNBC. Are they left leaning, you bet. They spent their time criticizing Obama, they're no cheerleaders. The big difference between them and Fox is where Fox stories are backed by opinion and rhetoric, MSNBC stories are backed by facts, documentation, and video with the words coming form the subjects own mouth.

18. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Choking the Robot Chicken ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

While the republicans aren't smart enough to hide their corruption and wear it proudly knowing their base will ignore it and use their own media lapdogs to spoon-feed their narrative to the sheeple..

19. AlexisWhen

AlexisWhen BANNED

That's crazy. Not only do they not criticize Obama, they spend all of their time criticizing his critics. Now it's Trump.

ade31oh likes this.
  20. J3scribe

But Kim is the leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. lol