1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Why Rapidshare?

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by drenorthside, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drenorthside

drenorthside

Why does everyone use rapid share? Where can I find free dl's

l123vannoy likes this.
  2. ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin

ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin It's So Moist

They like it. Did rapidshare start charging to dl now?

3. drenorthside

drenorthside

Well I can dL like one video a day, and they do charge to get unl dL :(

4. ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin

Pay for an account for one month and if you upload enough quality stuff you won't have to pay again.

5. drenorthside

drenorthside

can i UL get access without paying

6. RobbyR

RobbyR

Bullshit RapidShare decreased its limit from 100 Mb / hour downloads to 30 Mb / hours.

Bullshit.

7. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

Always the n00bs and lurkers that complain about RS. There is no use arguing the point with all of you, RS is still THE BEST file share site out there PERIOD. Faster speeds, easy to use. If ya'll are to frugal to spend enough money to buy an RS membership for a month or two, there is no good answer for you.

I've said the same thing over and over here, but I paid for an RS membership over a year ago for "1 month", and I have NEVER had to pay again since. LotionOnItsSkin is right, if you U/L enough stuff that people are interested in, and they download it, you will NEVER have to pay again. Basically for every 10,000 D/L's of your RS threads you can exchange those "points" for extended months of membership.......30,000 points=months, 60,000 points=6 months etc... Or like me something around 310,000 points.

8. drenorthside

drenorthside

ok well thnx and no need to tlk dwn to a nooB! I cant afford a month of RS ty

9. DirtyItaly

DirtyItaly The Don of Amateurs

My balls itch.

10. celeb_peeper

celeb_peeper

well put brcook09
    I did the same, and still have 9 months credit left. You did also leave out something.
    When you have a premium account, you can change the settings on your account, so you can just right click and select save target as, which means you dont have to keep going to the download page. You can download 3 videos at a time, and even use a download manager, so you can pause your downloads when you have to logoff.
    Rapidhsrae also gives you its own upload tool, which works similar to drag and drop, so you can upload huge amounts of files all in 1 go.
    rapidshare rules,
    regards
    CP.

11. phil1

phil1

Where can i find that upload tool?? maybe you can send it to me?? philipp112@gmail.com thanks in advance.

12. battlegpimp

battlegpimp

The RapidGet uploader is available right on the RS site for Premium members only.

13. outlaws

outlaws

beggers can't be choosers

l123vannoy likes this.
  14. phil1

phil1

I am premium member, but i don't see anything about it... can you make a screenshot for me, where i can find it.. Thanks in advance.

15. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

1. I'm not talking down to you.......you are a n00b. That's OK we all were at one point or another.

2. This question has been asked and answered I can't even tell you how many times. If you did a search for "Rapidshare" you may have had your questions answered without even having to post yet ANOTHER rapidshare question thread.

16. ItPutsTheLotionOnItsSkin

You can't afford $12.00? Why are you even on the internet then?

17. hbc

hbc

Rapidshare is the best host out there. You can archive different vids and come back and download them much later, most of the other hosts are crap

18. Sophie Fan

Sophie Fan

Rapid share is the worst freehost in existence. Their hourly download limits kill the possibility of any non-member to acquire much content. The whole idea is freehosting. Anyone who pays to get a membership to download more is a fool, and just supports the server to keep its ridiculous limits in place. Anyone who pays for a membership to keep files online is a fool as well. Not many people will be able to download them.

www.Badongo.net allows you to download up to 150 MB per hour, and upload files as large as 1 gig. It also uploads and downloads as much as 5 times faster than rapid share. you also can register a free account and track all your uploads on it. Only drawback I found with BaDonGo is that the upload progress bar at bottom halts sometimes, but the file is still uploading. I lose a few uploads, but this happens with all the other freehosts at times.

Rapid Share totally sucks, end of story. Once more people realize this and stop using it, it will have to change.

19. irishwhip

irishwhip

rapidshare hates my isp. if i am directly connected to the internet, i can't download anything. i always get the session invalid message.
    if i change to my isp's webcache proxy, i can download, but if someone else has recently used the proxy, i get stuck with the 1 hour wait. got to agree with sophie fan about badongo, they are good

20. brcook09

brcook09 In The Crack

Guess I'm a fool Fan?

I disagree.....I have a long, long, long list of vids, pics, music, etc... that still gets downloads months and months after their original posts........Hell I have a couple of full vids/movies that were posted on the board before the big shock that STILL get a couple dozen downloads a week.

I have no problem helping support RS initially with my first months membership....that $12.00 broken down over the hell THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of D/L's of vids, pics, etc...is well less than pennies.

Ya'll keep talking about D/L limits.......RS doesn't have them if you spend those pennies. 150 Mb an hour?.......shit I can do that in minutes sir.

Lets also realize something here........virtualy none of the stuff that is posted on this board after the big shock will exceed your hourly D/L limit with RS anyway. If your trying to D/L a full video, your probably not doing it from this board. And that makes it THEIR problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.