1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

A Nature Lovers Thread....

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by bamafan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  2. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Some pics from my last visit in North Sweden:

8 people like this.
  3. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

i have tried to get good pics of insects like bumblebees sucking on flowers but i can never get them to stay long enough.

1 person likes this.
  4. Damocles

Damocles

Very cool pictures. I've been trying to get some good shots of a black swan that swims around a pond on a site I've been working on but he only seems to want to follow me around when I'm actually doing work and not stalking him :D

2 people like this.
  5. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

In North America those noble creatures are known as moose.

These magnificent beasts are what we call elk. Also known as wapiti, from the Shawnee language, it literally means white rump and as you can see it's aptly named. These shots were taken during my recent visit to the Grand Canyon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. Flippy

those are some impressive sized antlers.

7. J3scribe

A couple of big old bulls in their prime.

Some silly people actually try to approach them and get their picture taken together. Not wise at all.

8. Flippy

Stupid, even if the bulls might look peaceful they have an area of comfort where people should stay the hell out of. A charge from a bull in that size and you might not get up again from the ground.

9. J3scribe

They would definitely fuck you up good.

10. Damocles

Damocles

Got a couple of terrible shots of the swan I mentioned earlier. Black swan's aren't a usual type of fowl in Arizona so I thought it was interesting to see here. Unfortunately any time I pulled out the camera it would start swimming away :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And this last picture was one I took this morning that I thought was kind of cool (even with the junk in it.) All three pictures were with a new camera that I bought recently so I'm still figuring out what in the hell I'm doing :D

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  11. RTechnik

RTechnik ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Power Poster

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  12. Flippy

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  13. Flippy

A few pics of the Jackdaw i have been feeding for the last couple of Days. It is in the same birdfamily as Crows and Magpies. Probably a young bird as the grownups normaly stay a bit further away from humans. It is only common in Europe and Asia. In USA, Grackles are closely related to the Jackdaw.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  14. Damocles

Damocles

Damn grackles. Always crapping on my equipment.

1 person likes this.
  15. RTechnik

RTechnik ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Power Poster

;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  16. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Just one i took a few minutes ago from my balcony (with my phone camera):

9 people like this.
  17. Magge

I took a pic of a Amanita muscaria too (... think i have posted it before, but like the dental impressions of a beaver on it)

7 people like this.
  18. J3scribe

^^^ Looks like a sesame seed hamburger bun!

19. TheRiver

TheRiver temporarily a little out of order. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Movers & Shakers

autumn closing in... a little too early, maybe (had one or two almost-zeo-degress - nights already, gees and cranes on the leave).
    but it finally got sunny over the weekend.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(mountain ash, maple, wild vine, leftover sunflowers, a heron, some sheeps)​

10 people like this.
  20. A.tab

A.tab It was the best of times, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Movers & Shakers Power Poster

Taken from the terrace of my house with my Samsung phone..

[​IMG]

9 people like this.