1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Amateur X-Ray Thread (NEW)

Discussion in 'Amateur Model Forum' started by kumdoin2004, Feb 23, 2007.

1. c-through

c-through I see naked people! ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

Patience please mobius! These things take time

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

dr. greenthumb: sorry - no luck

2. i_am_ur_nme

i_am_ur_nme

How about another:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in Advance c-through :mrgreen:

tipitipitipi likes this.
  3. c-through

i_am_ur_nme: I was able to get one of them
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mobius900

mobius900

C-through,

I have just installed photoshop cs2 9.0. What are the steps you take to make such x-ray images so perfectly?

5. c-through

A lot have asked, so here's my fifty cent tutorial:

First of all I analyze a pic to see if it's got any potential. Just start playing with the brightness & contrast sliders to see if anything starts appearing - move one a bit one way then the other. Sometimes the features are very subtle, so zoom in and pay attention! After a while you'll get the feel for it, but generally light colored clothing needs to be darkened, and dark usually needs to be lightened.

Once I have a pic with some hidden detail, I'll then go back to the original and use the magic wand and lasso to separate the clothing into it's own layer. Now I'll bring the detail back out (Brightness/Contrast, etc) and tweak the color with the Hue/Saturation/Lightness controls. If I can't get it close enough to skin tone to suit me, I'll use the colorize option and keep playing with it till it looks right. Once you've got that, move on and lasso the outer edge of the areolas (the elliptical tool works well), and then I like to feather the edges by at least a couple pixels (more or less depending on the size of the pic) before copying and pasting them into their own layer too. Now you can adjust their hue to be closer to what you think is real, along with a bit more brightness/contrast as necessary.

That's the basics - I prefer not to use the Burn & Dodge tools much as often I've seen others sometimes over-use them and bring out details that really aren't there. I only use them to add shadows or lighten an area later on. For skin color, I just use my eye to try and match it up as closely as I can. Sometimes it helps to reduce the opacity of the nipple layer (whatever looks natural to me at the time) so it doesn't look pasted on top of the now apparently see-through clothing layer.

I'd suggest starting with an image that is already fairly see-through, and you'll get the hang of it. Try a couple of the images I or someone else has already done earlier in the celebrity X-ray thread and see if you can come close to duplicating some of the X-rays there. I always post the originals right next to the enhanced images. Practice makes perfect! Good luck :)

DrGontzo and shehetr like this.
  6. KOAUI

KOAUI

Hey C-Through

This was one page 1 & someone gave it a decent shot
    Any chance of getting more?

If not its COOL & your talent/effort appreciated

[​IMG]

7. s_kokoro

s_kokoro

try with the one on the left if you can

[​IMG]

tipitipitipi likes this.
  8. c-through

KOAUI: You mean something like this?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

tipitipitipi and tannedchic86 like this.
  9. mobius900

mobius900

10. c-through

s_kokoro: here she is
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. c-through

mobius:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

DrGontzo and tipitipitipi like this.
  12. mobius900

mobius900

c-through, nice work, im tryin to do this myself, but cant seem to make it work as you do :) thanks again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tipitipitipi likes this.
  13. c-through

That was a tough one - I had to desaturate the dress before messing with it as the bright color was hard to get any detail with. Once it was grayscale, then it made it much easier to find the detail, but it was still not just popping out at me. I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner! Pick something a little more transparent to begin with.

Bigger pics are easier to work with too, as the small ones tend to have more .jpg artifacting which can make it tough to bring out the details.

14. mobius900

mobius900

would you be able to let me know what #'s you used for hue, saturation, etc? just so i can get to understand how this is done for white/black clothing

15. c-through

Another couple tough ones - wasn't really sure, but went ahead with it anyways -with the pic being so small I wasn't sure if it was just .jpg compression I was picking up or not. Since I had similar spots on both sides (even though it seemed a bit low) I went ahead anyways. Redeye was pretty dark, but there was more detail once I toned down the white blouse a lot.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nope - I don't do anything "by the numbers" I do it by eye, and you kind of have to as each pic is different based on the lighting, coloring, etc.

DrGontzo, tipitipitipi and monss like this.
  16. jonnystorm

jonnystorm

loving your work c-through...don't know if either of these are suitable...hopeso :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tipitipitipi likes this.
  17. c-through

jonnystorm : Thanks - sorry on both of yours. Black can often be tough, but it's really hard when it's satin since it's so reflective.

BTW - those twisted together heads are freaking me out a little! Can you just blur or pixelate them next time?

18. Wind Scar

Wind Scar

If you guys could do something with these thatd be awesome

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

tipitipitipi likes this.
  19. c-through

Tried 'em all Wind Scar, no luck. The bra made it impossible. I had hope since her right breast was wet that it'd make it a little more transparent, but not enough. I do appreciate the nice big & well lit pics though!

20. jonnystorm

jonnystorm

lol thanks for trying c-through, how bout this one same girl , i know theres a bra there but you might get some thing ???

[​IMG]

tipitipitipi likes this.