1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. PHUN.ORG WILL BE TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HOSTER DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO, AND SOME SHORT-TERM DISTURBANCE MAY BE EXPERIENCED. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THAT EVENT!
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity Gif's thread - (Self-made gifs only)

Discussion in 'Creative Backyard' started by Noodle Panda, Sep 6, 2008.

1. bigfoot hunter

bigfoot hunter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  2. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

Britt Robertson:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rachelle Lefevre:
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  3. celebloops

celebloops

Zoomed in.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  4. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

Anna Camp:
    [​IMG]

Jennifer Garner:
    [​IMG]

Brittany Snow:
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  5. seanmckenna7

seanmckenna7 the boss ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

credit to Karl158, ( original poster ) thanks for sharing....

btw, saw these on another forum, i had the video, but couldnt be bothered makin them, kudos to karl....

10 people like this.
  6. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Jenna Elfman
    "Conan"

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  7. Hixxy28

Hixxy28 Power Poster

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11 people like this.
  8. Hixxy28

Hixxy28 Power Poster

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  9. bluehawk2

bluehawk2

Her nude scene in Farewell My Queen was amazing

10. spiderswims

Eva Longoria:
    [​IMG]

Kate Bosworth:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  11. celebloops

celebloops

9 people like this.
  12. easye

easye

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  13. neomorpheos

neomorpheos

Leslie Mann | Stealing Harvard & Orange County
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  14. neomorpheos

neomorpheos

Sarah Michelle Gellar | Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  15. Dave

Dave ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

Lauren Graham

"Evan Almighty"

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  16. Hixxy28

Hixxy28 Power Poster

17 people like this.
  17. The Lurker

The Lurker Pixel Pusher ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

Hmmm...sharenxs still not working, eh? Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer before posting those other ones, then :/

Anatomy of a Subtle 'X-Ray GIF': Kate Bosworth in And While We Were Here (2012)

Well, since our favorite surfing Connecticut-ite and finely-chiseled WASP princess Kate Bosworth was relegated over to my "Someone who will never, ever, ever, be nude. Never ever. EVER." - list a long time ago - along with other notable no-shows such as Jennifer Aniston, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Emma Watson, and Alison Brie :( - thought this scene would make a good test subject for a little project I've been workin' on (on and off) over the past year or so in my mostly-nonexistent spare time.

Since spider's already provided us with full scenes above, thought we'd concentrate just on this 'nipple sliding' scene under that nightshirt.

You'll always lose the lion's share of the 'massagable' photo info going from print to film, but occasionally, you'll still have enough left to do something with, at least.

This normal-sized HDRip from SAF is not really optimal, but let's see what we can do with it anyway. I'll show what did iteratively so you can see the difference(s) for yourself:

--------------

:arrow: Original Version (1st):

Untouched and without any additional work, we can already see the nipple and areola under that nightshirt Kate's wearing, fairly well:

[​IMG]

:arrow: General Post-Processing (2nd):

Just clearing up the image like this in order to get rid of that 'matte finish' look common to much film and TV mastering, already goes a fairly long way in highlighting certain elements we may be interested in. The result is pretty decent for the effort involved, and is normally where we'd stop:

[​IMG]

:arrow: Subtle 'X-Ray' Effect (3rd):

Now comes the 'fun part'. :) In this case, we did a few test pics first where we took a 'selectable area' (mostly, the nightshirt), used various BCS adjustments, etc. to bring out the highlights, and then developed a template script around it we could use to 'thread-the-middle', so to speak ...once we separate the area-of-focus from the rest of the image, of course.

Doing so requires still frame-by-frame edits unfortunately, however, as the area-of-interest is not static, but changes constantly. Helps to have the TV or something else on in the background while doing this part...

(Thus, doing so for just this small scene (of 86 images) took about 3 hrs+ for this particular step in the process alone. If we had a static area on the blouse to work with (or a non-panning shower scene, etc), we could just use a script and be done with it...but this still wouldn't be quite optimal, for various reasons (histogram stretching, etc.))

[​IMG]

(Didn't want to mangle the natural look here, so kept this part fairly gradual, just gave it a bit of a 'push')

:arrow: Multiply/Screen/Soft Light (4th):

Here, we add some additional (light - i.e. ~20-30% or so in most cases) touches to deepen the apparent depth-of-field, etc. Gives a slight, inviting 'glow' to the skin, as well:

[​IMG]

:arrow: Noise Reduction - 'Final' (5th):

Since the original endpoint stretching, etc. also tends to highlight the blockiness/imperfections created by the codecs used in the encode, this (optional) step serves to smooth out the skin tones and gradient a bit, so our subject doesn't look like she's been walking through the Sahara without SPF 30 skin protection quite so much. Also lightened it a bit since the previous step makes it a tad darker with some detail areas.

This part's sometimes not as effective in dealing with clothing/thru-clothing/rough detail areas, though (occasionally, one loses some detail - depends on the scene), so it's kind of a toss-up (to my eyes, at least) as to whether it's absolutely necessary; one I think comes down to personal preference in the end of which 'final' version one tends to like best:

[​IMG]

(Call it the 'Oil of Olay' mix if you want...as it also tends to make the subject look just a bit younger, perhaps - or is it merely a trick of the light? ;) )

------------------------------

I've done some smaller tests on other scenes over the past year or so (Winona Ryder's running down the steps in Dracula, Drew Barrymore in that see-thru lingerie in the crypt in Doppelganger, etc.), but haven't really had the time to do whole scenes or fine-tune it as of yet.

While it's not photo-quality work per se, it seems to be decent enough for things like showers-thru-glass/smoke/fog, underwater scenes, filmy clothing (Does Kate Beckinsale's topless/underwear drinking wine scene in Uncovered, Susan Sarandon running through the rain in her nightgown in The Other Side of Midnight, or Catherine Deneuve's black negligee scene in Belle De Jour come to mind, folks?) :), that sort of thing.

One o' these days, I might actually get enough time to work on some of 'em properly...

Anyways...hope you enjoyed tonight's little behind-the-scenes peek at 'TL's Laboratory', folks - cheers! :hi:

18 people like this.
  18. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

Great work, very informative. Thanks! :fing02:

1 person likes this.
  19. spiderswims

She's topless in her upcoming movie Big Sur :)

Alexa Vega:
    [​IMG]

Jojo:
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  20. wookiee

wookiee Dirty Old Fart ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member

Too late, I already did. :lol: