1. Rapidgator has been added to our approved mandatory hosts while Uploaded as been removed. These hosts are not to be used in combination with each other unless a second approved mandatory is used. See our file host rules for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

Would Emma watson still be so popular IF she wasn't English Actress?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Extra' started by tenthgallon, Dec 9, 2013.

?

Would Emma watson still be so popular IF she wasn't English Actress?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pigger

pigger Tweedy's new boytoy ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Power Poster Tits & Tats Purveyor Of Furpie

ditto. still the best birthday gift a celebs ever given us :)

2. chyron

chyron

Actually, who of them are really famous for acting? Jodie, Drew,Kirsten?

Foster began way before my time so i can't say, her acting is solid.

Kirsten had rocket-like launch with Interview.., though probably still be high in list w/o it.

Drew got same with ET and Firestarter - would she got role in Poison Ivy otherwise i dunno. Not that thrilled by her though.

Ricci has rather "non standart" image, so while she could start from niche roles i doubt that she would landed in Prozac Nation and Sleepy Hollow w/o experience accrued since Addamses. Though probably still be famous enough.

Only Eliza was really spotlighted after reaching 18 - by BtVS and to lesser extent BringItOn. But Whedon really likes to get former female teen stars in his shows too - and her career is solid B-grade and indie anyway.

Michelle... w/o bein' Dawn she would be another pretty one-ep actress in tv series. HERE we like her as memory of BtVS's S5/S6's forbidden fruit, not as a B-grade actress.

LiLo...she's more famous for bein' scandalous teenstar trainwreck than movie roles.

So let's don't underestimate importance of head start.

1 person likes this.
  3. Gutex0

Gutex0 ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member

yep but Ubiq is far better.
    as for tenthgallon question she's not english born but in Paris , she's very pretty and alented and picks good movies not like others teen stars.

4. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

WTF are you talking about?

All of them.

1 person likes this.
  5. BrusselsDick

BrusselsDick

It's not the question of her nationality, she's been in movies (namely the HP series and Bling Ring) with a global audience enceforth she's known and wanked to worldwide. Kapat is right, I don't know who Nina Dobrev is. But that doesn't mean she's not hot, that just means I don't live in the US and I haven't seen her in anything.

1 person likes this.
  6. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

In order to answer I need to understand popular as it is used here. Popular in what way? As an actress? Im not sure she is all that popular. Does she have an extensive resume of high profile work? If she does im unaware. I would agree that any popularity she may have in this regard most likely would come from her work in Harry Potter series, which was absolutely high profile worldwide.

Now if we are defining popular as her being the object of affection for hornballs who may or may not be getting much tail, then I think her english accent might come into play a small amount but overall its her looks that deserve more of the credit. I assume people are wanking over pics of her rather than an audio recording of her voice.

7. Ashten

Ashten

I'm kinda obsessing over Emma right now and the English accent adds to her appeal.

8. quelargo1976

quelargo1976 15 Year Member

Her being English is a huge factor in her popularity, but not because she is English per se. She would not have been cast as Hermione Grainger if she weren't English. Thus we likely would never have heard of her. While I think she may actually be a pretty good actress, thus far none of her movies other than HP have made anywhere near the kind of splash in a global market to create the kind of fame she currently holds. There is a high degree of likely hood that without HP she may never have made it as an actress.

9. Bronn

Bronn Drunk with fire

1 person likes this.
  10. chyron

chyron

Not to same degree. And just to add - Jessica Alba is famous actress but her real skill/"superpower" is succubi-like power of being instant turn on for males and part of females. As actress she's mediocre to poor("Good Luck,Chuck" or "Love Guru" anyone?), so chances are high that missing "Flipper" she wouldn't get in "Idle Hands" and "Dark Angel", not to mention "Sin City". Kirsten Dunst on other hand leaves impression that acting for her is like swimming for fish - but while she's not ugly,she's definitely not a succubi or even are not any prettier than half of "girls next door".

Returning on topic - if hypothetical non-british-accented Emma would got in role of/as attention-bringing as/ "Hermione", then she'd be as famous - and her accent won't matter a thing (btw french accent can be very sensual too, though that's bad cliche nowadays :rant:).
    And don't forget - for larger part of the world her accent is indiscernible, most people do not speak english as well as their native language , and movies they watch often dubbed.

11. Billy Sastard

Billy Sastard One thousand brown M&Ms ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

May I just point out, the quote was "Actually, who of them are really famous for acting?" not "Which one is more famous than the other?"

12. chyron

chyron

See Alba part of my reply, esp. applying to LiLo :)

13. lspiderl

lspiderl Guest

the only main reason she is so popular besides beign cute is she played Herminie on the harry potter movies

14. HajimeNoippo

HajimeNoippo

The answer is no, she might have been born in France. But she was raised in England, this gave her the huge opportunity to enter the Harry Potter franchise. She is still riding that fame now and lets face it will for as long as she is young.